Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Gmail sync issues?

Has anyone been experiencing sync issues with Gmail over the past 36 hours?

No problem here
    Banned

Global Posts
    17,548 Global Posts

None here, synchronized contacts and calendar. What issues are you having?
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Gmail isn't syncing up. I am looking in the Market page for Gmail and people are leaving reviews saying they're having problems, too. They seem to have the Droid X, like me.
    Banned

Global Posts
    17,548 Global Posts

Oh gotcha. My gmail is working ok.

I had a little trouble yesterday. I had a few messages in my inbox that weren't showing up on the phone, even when manually hitting Refresh. It's working fine for me today, though.

Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    ROM
    TSMPoolParty V1.4.1

I was having the same problem. I flashed a EB01 modem update and fixed it. Got help from the SC 2.9.2 thread.
    Banned

Global Posts
    17,548 Global Posts

I'm having issues today. Gmail says I have two emails in inbox. But they aren't showing up for me. I hit refresh and one came through.

What's to be done when emails don't show up?

Global Posts
    49 Global Posts

I think my push email has been spotty over the last 48 hours. I suspect it is only a temporary issue with Google, which is pretty good about getting a handle on such problems and resolving them.
    Banned

Global Posts
    17,548 Global Posts

Ok. Glad it isn't a phone issue.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisy View Post
    I'm having issues today. Gmail says I have two emails in inbox. But they aren't showing up for me. I hit refresh and one came through.

What's to be done when emails don't show up?
    That's exactly what was happening with me. It seems to be working a little bit better today, but not 100%.
    Banned

Global Posts
    17,548 Global Posts

Mine is back to working. What causes this?

Global Posts
    49 Global Posts

Google's servers provide the mail, contact updates and whatever else to you on the schedule you decide (in the Settings you tell the phone how often it is to synch with Google for new mail).

Lately, the servers have been reporting that they have nothing for your phone (or mine, or anyone else's). This happens with BlackBerry from time to time as well, and everyone with a BlackBerry suddenly isn't getting new email updates.

I've seen this happen before with Google. It usually lasts only a few minutes. No big deal.

I've been having this issue since April 2nd apparently, just noticed today and tried to fix it.. It now just continues to read "your email will appear shortly". Never shows anything. On the Android Incredible HTC. cleared cache and cleared data, even tried uninstalling and reinstalling the gmail updates. Is this just me?

I had a 'no data' error earlier but it cleared after a few minutes. I sent a test email to my gmail account and it took all of 30 seconds to show.