GadgetMomma

Jan 28, 2010
jennbailey0706.wordpress.com
I started using GTalk on my Nexus One, and I sent a message to my cousin who was logged on at the time, and she said that my name popped up as mine and my husbands name together. For example: John and Jane Smith, up on the top of the box, with only "John" showing in the chat window - nothing about me at all! So it confused her because she thought it was him and not me. But I have no idea why it would even have his name on it. His name is nowhere on my gmail account, or linked to my phone, or anything like that. So I logged onto his email (yes, we're the type of married couple who knows each other's passwords - but we don't snoop!!) and then messaged him from my phone, and it came up as me just fine. So is there any chance that it's something on her account that has me listed as both of our names, or is there a setting I need to change?
I'm sorry if I posted this in the wrong forum, I just wasn't totally sure where to post!!
Thanks for the help! =)

drathos

Feb 19, 2010
Visit site
In the chat dialog, it only shows the first name of the other person.

If the contact is set up as "John and Jane Smith", the chat window will show "John" but if the contact is "Jane and John Smith", the chat window will show "Jane". It's possible she's edited the name of the contact on her end to list your gmail account as "John and Jane Smith" instead of "Jane Smith".