LBS Cheating?

Iphonehack

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I've been using a few location based apps such as NDrive, Color, and Sherpa. They each provide services based upon your GPS coordinates. NDrive lets you navigate and check in on Foursquare, Sherpa offers cupons etc.

My questions is: it possible to manufacture a GPS signal? Can i have my chip speak with these apps telling them I am somewhere im not? To use foursquare or get cupons in a different location then I am.

Any insight would be appreciated. Cheers.

kamtsa

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
CyanogenMod has under Settings | Applications | Development, a checkbox called 'Allow mock locations'. I don't know though what it does.

deercreek

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Stock Android has that setting as well. You have to have it enabled for Location Spoofer to work, but it walks you through that step when you run it. I live 3 hours away from St. Louis, but I'm in an mlb.tv blackout area. I wanted to try out the atbat.tv free game of the day, but it wouldn't let me do it. I was able to use Location Spoofer to make it think I was in Denver instead, and I was able to see how crappy the live video quality of At Bat '11 is.

goathouse774

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
How do you use ndrive to check in with foursquare? I've been hunting and hunting for a way to auto check in.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calvinxander08