Please help me return my old WHATSAPP messages

Milos07

Dec 8, 2016
Visit site
Hey,

I have a problem, i ve recently bought a new phone and i expected to have everything i had on the old phone because i kept my sim card(in terms of everything i mean whatsapp history etc). Turns out thats not the case ... I literally have 50-60% of my old messages and i really need to return some back ...
The problem is i didnt used backup on my old phone and when i try reinstalling whatsapp on the current phone it just deletes my recent messages(from 1 hr).

Please, helpppp

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately there's not much you can do since your messages aren't backed up by Whatsapp servers. When you manually back them up you have to select where to save them. If you didn't do a back up in the old device and that device is either no longer accessible or data already wiped, your messages, I'm sad to say, are gone.

Milos07

Dec 8, 2016
Visit site
Thought so ...

BUT, i still have my old phone and i tried installing whatsapp there, i did managed to BUT it didnt recovered all messages just like on the new phone ..

One more thing, i thought you could restore your old messages through some android data recovery?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
You can recover text messages, but Whatsapp data is encrypted and available only to Whatsapp and your account. Unless you backed up the messages through the options in Whatsapp (you can set it up to regularly back them up to either the phone or a cloud storage location), that's the only way you can get them back. Uninstalling Whatsapp from a phone effectively deletes the messages from it, so even re-installing it and re-signing in with the same account on the same phone will NOT recover your messages unless you had a previous backed up file.

Susan Bunger

Nov 5, 2017
Visit site
I have lost my old WhatsApp I cannot find all the people I was in contacts and all the pictures they have sent me please could you help me to find them I have got WhatsApp but it is a new one I'd like the old one back if possible

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon