Messages, shortcuts mysteriously deleted

ptfd13

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
I had a weird thing happen today. I got my usual notification from the market that I have updates available. So I open the market and see I have four to update. Two are always there because I don't want to update them. PDAnet because I loose secure sites and handcent because of the ads and such. So the two I do update are ATK and Barcode scanner. After the update I go to my left screen and there is nothing there at all. So I replace my shortcuts and widgets and go to handcent to send a message and empty. There is nothing there at all, nor in the stock message app. I don't know how this happened but I feel it had to be attributed to the other app update. Just curious if anyone else has ever encountered this problem before. This did make me realize that I do need to get SMS back up, it sucks losing all of them and some were important. Oh well now I know better.

o2bnclemson

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
Dunno about that, but I mysteriously lost all but 11 of my contacts from Google. I guess the lesson we've both learned is to backup everything! Of course, for me, it was over 100 contacts too late. Hope you're able to get your stuff back together. Make sure you save your scenes - that's what I did as well as getting a backup app.