adw and launcher pro permissions

DroidyMcDroid

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
why does launcher pro have so many more permissions than adw launcher? these permissions include access to my sms mms etc messages, more personal info than just contacts, and account access. any reason launcher pro needs these and adw doesn't?

Last edited:

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
if you buy the pro version of LPP, it comes with a handful of custom widgets, like for facebook, twitter, messaging, etc. however, all of these features are in the free version also; theyre just locked until you buy an unlock key from the dev. adw does not have these widgets.

DroidyMcDroid

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
if you buy the pro version of LPP, it comes with a handful of custom widgets, like for facebook, twitter, messaging, etc. however, all of these features are in the free version also; theyre just locked until you buy an unlock key from the dev. adw does not have these widgets.

so launcher pro needs these extra permissions to use the widgets you've mentioned, and since adw doesn't have those widgets, it doesn't need those permissions?

also, is access to services that cost me money permission just so i can use the market though the launcher?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci