[App][4.0+][Free][Root] Contacts Sync

LB LB

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Wanna sync your contacts with HQ photos, so that during calls and inside the address book, you will see their photos?
If so this app is for you!

Currently, the app barely has any UI (just "next" all the way will work), and barely has any feature (just sync, and the option to choose who to sync) but here it is anyway:
bbb.jpg

Play Store link:
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...etails?id=com.lb.contacts_sync&token=h8T1cGIf
Official forum thread, including FAQ:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/apps-games/app-contacts-sync-sync-contacts-photos-t3483461

Last edited:

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I have to admit that until I read the description and that this was more geared towards getting the contact information from Whatsapp, I just didn't get why it'd need Root access. Might want to add that bit of info here :p

LB LB

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Look at the screenshot, and on the FAQ... :)
Root is needed for accessing the photos and for automation. It also auto-grants most of the needed permissions

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, but from the screenshots here it doesn't specify which apps it's trying to access. To a 'regular' user they'll think 'Oh, Facebook!' but FB is open and doesn't need root (you mention SyncMe in the other post). Remember, privacy and invasive permissions are more and more something that people are paying more attention to before installing an app. :)

LB LB

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Indeed.
About privacy, I've already put privacy policy: I don't store anything of your device on any server, and I don't even have a server and the app doesn't even need a server.
Only privacy related things here are for ads-related libraries.
Have you tried the app?
Does it work well for you?

LB LB

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
BTW, speaking of PC, I think you can use my app.
Just run it on an emulator that has root (or can be rooted).
Like "Leapdroid VM", for example. I've actually tried it and it worked fine.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith