[APP] Bluetooth Keyboard driver for Android

Andythetron

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
There is a Bluetooth Keyboard Driver for Android, that works with the HID Profile. The good thing is no root required - works on any Android phone.

10_02_26_biandroid.jpg

Teksoft said:
Despite the current Bluetooth limitations in the Google Android SDK, in early 2009 we've developed a first version of our Bluetooth Keyboard driver for Android. It was an OEM Project targetting a major hardware manufacturer, and it wasn't released to end users. The initial version also required root priviledges, so it needed extra skills to be used on normal Android devices.

Almost a year after, some considerable development progress has been made and we're now announcing the Teksoft BlueInput for Android, a Bluetooth Driver that allows you to connect a Bluetooth Keyboard to your mobile device for increased typing speed, more productivity, and a new feel of comfort gained by using high tech all arround you.

BlueInput is an advanced HID driver that totally transforms your Android into the perfect Mobile office solution by offering easy Bluetooth connectivity to Bluetooth Keyboards. And it is ready and waiting for you to try it right away.

This application is not free, but the trial version can be used as much as you want, but has a limitation on using the SPACE and ENTER keys.

Source: Teksoft - Future Teknology

galtish

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
I'm very excited about this, but it doesn't seem to work with Sprint HTC Hero. I get to the step of scanning (after tapping in a text field) and it says that the bluetooth is not on (but it is, I was able to pair but not connect to the Freedom Universal 2 keyboard.

This the same problem as another (very similar) bluetooth keyboard solution, makes me wonder if the Sprint Hero has a bug in the bluetooth stack?: HTC HERO ? Bluetooth Keyboard Driver Support - My Mobile Gear - Mobile Community

Can anyone else verify the device specific issue?

Edit- confirmed here on Teksoft's forums by another user: www.teksoftco.com :: View topic - BlueInput on HTC Hero (G2 Touch)

Bummer, hope this either gets fixed or our 2.1 upgrade resolves this....

Last edited:

ap3604

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I had a different version of the freedom keyboard (blackberry version I think) but when I scanned it didn't find anything so I sent back the keyboard and I am going to talk to the developer about the specific keyboard I should get for this driver and will let you guys know...

Once people get this to work it will be amazing since this makes the nexus one practically a full fledged computer!

Thanks to the developer for making this happen...

galtish

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12