Best app for photo hosting/sharing to forums?

scottfish

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I have been a Photobucket user for years. It was always dead simple to upload then share to the forum of choice.

Lately, their desktop app is littered w/ ads and slowdowns.

I thought maybe Google Photos would work, but pasting into a forum post does not seem possible.

What is the best app to use in order to share photos to forums?

anon(9983233)

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Actually this would all depend on the forum one is posting.. Several forums do not use the same format thus making it difficult to locate one app which will work with all forums. One key point is that most forums are now upgrading to flash software which again in my case, I do not use flash thus I would avoid visits to those flash based forums.. So as one can see, selecting an app for all forums isn't as easy as one would expect each one is different.

In order to limit how I post images, I've simply saved a web site as an app and upload using the forums own uploader thus avoiding any more apps on my device.

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
I can recommend photo hosting sites, but not apps, as I don't use any of their apps.

Photobucket has dropped in popularity for many reasons, some of which you describe.

Imgur.com gets a lot of recommendations.
I use Flickr.com since there is where many of my pictures already are.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
How about just posting the picture in your post? There's no reason to use another site to host a picture. (Click [you have to be here with a browser, not the AC app] the little 'picture' icon [next to the 2 link icons] and upload the picture - to your post.)