New Official CNN app for Android PHONES

Air Force One

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
Hey ladies, sorry if this has already been posted but I just happened across this app when searching:

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.cnn.mobile.android.phone

I've used the Official CNN app for tablets but this was the first I'd seen of the official CNN app for Android phones. This is especially nice since the FOXNEWS app has been crap since it's last update. So far I really like it. The ads are a little intrusive. I sent them an email suggesting they pin the ads at the bottom of the page rather than including them in the stories list. Scrolling can also be a little choppy but I really like the UI and the video quality is fantastic.

Sorry if this is a repost. :)

Kin#AC

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Great! I have been waiting the official apps from CNN for ages...

But seems like it is not available for my carrier, can anyone get me the apk file?

Your help is greatly appreciated!:)

Air Force One

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
Well I had no choice: the FOX app force closes on my Thunderbolt after the last update and they will not respond to emails. I emailed CNN about the ad placement and minor scrolling issue and was emailed back that they would forward my issues to the developers.

It's not that hard to mentally filter news. For instance, if the story is about a Republican or the new House leadership, take most of what you read with a grain of salt and realize that it's slanted or there have been omissions so as to make the Republicans look bad.

On the other hand, if the news is about the earthquake in Japan, etc..it's basically the same news you get anywhere including FOX.

PLUS, go to FOXNEWS.com, 1/3 of their stories are actually reposts of stories by the Associated Press. The AP is horribly liberally slanted yet Fox re-prints their content, so it's not like you can get away from it even at FOX. Here is an example of Fox running AP story right now on their front page. Look at the top right under the headline:

Britain to Send Military Advisers to Help Libyan Rebel Forces - FoxNews.com

Just because you read it at Fox does not mean it's not liberally slanted.

At the end of the day tho, CNN deserves major credit for giving us a quality application. May not always agree with all of the content but at least they value Android platform. Both CNN and USA Today smoke the Fox app. It's a real shame, imo, for FOX AND for us.:( Both CNN AND USATODAY offer fantastic tablet apps as well for Android. Nothing from FOX but a half baked phone app.

cpolism

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
The app was not bad when I first downloaded it. The GPS was an issue. Since they fixed it in the update all seemed OK. The app doesn't even open now, and even before it was running very slow. Anyone else having this issue? I've already uninstalled and re installed, still the same result. Doesn't even load on 4G. HTC Evo

Air Force One

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
The app was not bad when I first downloaded it. The GPS was an issue. Since they fixed it in the update all seemed OK. The app doesn't even open now, and even before it was running very slow. Anyone else having this issue? I've already uninstalled and re installed, still the same result. Doesn't even load on 4G. HTC Evo
I had an issuse when I first opened the app after the update. It froze my Thunderbolt and finally forced closed. Since then tho I have not had a problem.

DEFINITELY email the developer with your issue, the name of your device and OS version. I have emailed several times and have received a personal response each time within 24 hours. Just be nice and friendly :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs