Can't turn off Facebook notifications!

yuliya-sergeyevna

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm having a problem with the Facebook App! I don't use it a lot so I don't like to have alerts for it every two seconds (like when 100 people comment on something that I commented on). I made notifications for Facebook inactive and have tried everything I can think of to turn it off.

I'm sure there is a very easy solution for this, but right now all I have done is logout of it when I'm not using it... but I like to have it logged in because of the contact sync. All I want is to have alerts turned off.

Any ideas?

yuliya-sergeyevna

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I have done that as well. Would it make a difference if I made the notifications active but turned the intervals to never? I don't see why it would but maybe...?

crump84

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Try uninstalling, a battery pull then re install. Only other thing I can think of. You can always switch to a different FB app like Seesmic or Tweetdeck.

Sent from my Gingerbread Speedy 4G using Tapatalk

DenverRalphy

Retired Network Mod
May 11, 2010
Visit site
If you have an HTC device, go Menu -> Settings -> Accounts & Sync. You will see that there is a "Facebook for HTC Sense" entry. Edit that entry so that it only syncs your contacts/address book. At least, that's what I had to do.

Ki77erB

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
I read something today...I think on Mashable...there was an issue with Facebook re-enabling notifications for many users by mistake. Login to facebook and check your settings there.

yuliya-sergeyevna

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
All of my settings seem to be right, weird.

Try uninstalling, a battery pull then re install. Only other thing I can think of. You can always switch to a different FB app like Seesmic or Tweetdeck.

Sent from my Gingerbread Speedy 4G using Tapatalk

How do you uninstall Facebook app? I only know how to uninstall apps I downloaded in the Market.

abtxpress

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
After you turn off the notifications you will also need to uncheck all the boxes. If you don't the checked boxes override the no notification setting.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

thelodge

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
I just figured this out on my Verizon Droid Razr running JB 4.1.2 and FB 2.3. There are two ways to get to the screen where you can choose which notifications you want:

1) Open the FB app. Press the 3 lines at upper left. Press Account and then App Settings. OR
2) Open the FB app. Press the 3 lines at lower left. Press Settings.

Hope this works for others!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc