Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    172 Global Posts

Question Facebook not retrieving messages

Im using facebook for android and today when I tried to go into my inbox messages I got the following error message "cannot get mailbox content.. please try again later Calls to mailbox have exceeded rate of 0 calls per ...." Application had been working just fine up til today. Has anyone else had this problem or know of a way to correct it, I would appreciate it.

Thanks

I've had that error happen to me before. This is how I fix it = From the FB app in settings - applications - manage applications - all. I then clear data and/or cache - and it begun working like a charm.
    teddyp6 and Orion72 like this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    172 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rushrl View Post
    I've had that error happen to me before. This is how I fix it = From the FB app in settings - applications - manage applications - all. I then clear data and/or cache - and it begun working like a charm.

Just tried this and still getting the same error.

Quote Originally Posted by teddyp6 View Post
    Just tried this and still getting the same error.
    Yea!...

Uninstall / reinstall the app. First, sign out of FB.
    Ps. If neither one of these two troubleshooting fixes the problem, then we have to take this up a notch.
    teddyp6 likes this.

I'm getting the exact same error.
    Tried clearing the cache, uninstalling all updates/application, reinstalled, still getting the same thing. Any other suggestions? Think I've tried everything...

Edit: Seems to be working again now, maybe it was just a temporary error ?

I should have asked this question before •> Is this problem only with the FB app? Do you receive messages via the full version?

Edit: Seems to be working again now, maybe it was just a temporary error ?
    That happens a lot...
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    172 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rushrl View Post
    Yea!...

Uninstall / reinstall the app. First, sign out of FB.
    Ps. If neither one of these two troubleshooting fixes the problem, then we have to take this up a notch.
    Ok, this worked. Don't know how long but its good for now. Thanks