Is this blank app that I can't uninstall the reason I get pop up ads?

Josiah Novick

Apr 13, 2017
Visit site
This blank app is the only app I can't delete on my phone and it shows that I got the app installed around the SAME exact time I started getting the pop up ads. The ads pop up as soon as I unlock my lock screen. Please help!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It certainly sounds as if it could be, but without being able to identify the app, about the only option you have is a full factory reset, then reinstall all your (known wanted) apps and their data. (Which means that you should always keep the data for all your apps [that need data saved] backed up.)

Josiah Novick

Apr 13, 2017
Visit site
I FINALLY FIGURED OUT HOW TO DELETE IT AND W/O FACTORY RESET! *sorry about the caps but I just deleted it and now there's no popup ads anymore... I'm just overjoyed :)*
So what I did was get this app that is so very helpful called ApBrain Ad Detector and whenever the ads popup it would show at the top right what suggested app permissions could possibly be doing it. Although I deleted all of the apps in those permissions, it still had the popups and I then knew it had to be that invisible app I couldn't delete. But today I went on the AppBrain Ad Detector and clicked on "show concerns" then I went to the "developer tools" section and found that invisible ap there. I clicked on it and tried to uninstall it but it said I had to change the permissions in the settings to do so. What had happened was I downloaded something on google chrome (I think some apk hack for in purchase apps) and the download took control of some management settings on my phone where I had to turn off the permission and then I successfully deleted it. Lesson learned, don't download anything off of google chrome sites.

happyvirus

Oct 29, 2017
Visit site
I FINALLY FIGURED OUT HOW TO DELETE IT AND W/O FACTORY RESET! *sorry about the caps but I just deleted it and now there's no popup ads anymore... I'm just overjoyed :)*
So what I did was get this app that is so very helpful called ApBrain Ad Detector and whenever the ads popup it would show at the top right what suggested app permissions could possibly be doing it. Although I deleted all of the apps in those permissions, it still had the popups and I then knew it had to be that invisible app I couldn't delete. But today I went on the AppBrain Ad Detector and clicked on "show concerns" then I went to the "developer tools" section and found that invisible ap there. I clicked on it and tried to uninstall it but it said I had to change the permissions in the settings to do so. What had happened was I downloaded something on google chrome (I think some apk hack for in purchase apps) and the download took control of some management settings on my phone where I had to turn off the permission and then I successfully deleted it. Lesson learned, don't download anything off of google chrome sites.

I signed up just to say thank you! You saved me from deleting all the data from my phone. :)

Rafael Leafar

Jan 28, 2019
Visit site
Lesson learned, don't download anything off of google chrome sites.
There's no such thing as "Google Chrome sites" and if you get a malware (especially an obvious one like that) when download apps it's because of your own unawareness about the topic.
Remember when your little brother can't use the PC for a minute without get at least 5 viruses/unwanted programs?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34