Cant uninstall a malicious app

KajstR

Apr 28, 2017
Visit site
Hello. My first post here although I have found answers here and everyone seems very happy to help and super friendly. I unlocked my phone a couple days ago to find a warning message saying that this app can spy on my phone and access an aweful lot of information. I disabled it as soon as I could and have cleared the cached data. I havent installed any apps that are not on the play store and cant see where it came from. I have even asked my girlfriend whether she installed it but since I don't go out anywhere and have never gave her a reason to not trust me and we have been together nearly 5 years so I have dismissed that theory and believe it has found its way through elsewhere. The app is simply called mobile tracker its version is 1.0 so it seems to be a poorly made app but I dont know how it made its way onto my phone without me allowing it to install. The only other app I have which is kinda funny or I thought at first was Embee Meter VX. I have used this for a couple months and have made a couple quid from it which is handy when pay day is a couple days away and I need some milk lol. I have screenshots of all the permissions but basically it can access everything including some skype stuff and facebook as well as disabling my lock screen and can take remote access. I am quite savvy when it comes to computers and worked for several months as a computer technician but have never seen an app as blatenly spyware as this one. Just wondering whether disabling it is enough or should I seek an app to remove it or factory reset to be sure. Thank you for taking the time to read this and I hope someone can help.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1