Google voice SMS

newtda513

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
Since Google has dropped sms integration in hangouts. I am stuck with using gvoice app just like everyone is. I want keep gvoice but want to use another app. Is there any other app that supports Google voice?

Also I have thought about porting my number to Verizon. Let me know if you have done this?

blaine07

Trusted Member
Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Google has a mess between voice, their messaging, hangouts, allo, duo and meets. It's ludicrous. Wish they'd figure it out

Sorry can't offer a solution but I'm as equally as frustrated as you. 🤔

Last edited:

AutumnElf

May 7, 2017
Visit site
I have also looked into this. My sister and I use Hangouts exclusively for chat. She has no phone but a PC. She likes to work from her browser. I can send+receive messages on phone+pc. It works great for us to communicate instantly.

However since Google is taking away the chat part this month, we can no longer communicate how we do. I researched a little and someone suggested Telegram. It has a browser extension. So we can do the same thing as with Hangouts.

So I looked into Telegram to see if it works with Google Voice. I found some differing posts. You might try it yourself. It seems the majority of the posts that I read say it won't work with VoIP numbers but it doesn't hurt to try.

You can still use Google voice separately and use Telegram for just chatting via pc and phone. That is what we will do.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38