Text Message from Mac?

jeffmorr

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Hey everyone, I was just wondering if anyone knew of an app that allowed to send my text messages to my mac, and then allow me to reply to them. I've been using android-notifier with notify.io for a while, but it doesn't let me respond. SyncSMS does very similar things, but its from Android Phone to Android Tablet. Any suggestions?

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Don't know if this would work for you, but my wife doesn't have a data plan (she doesn't want a smartphone), so she just emails my text number. I get it as a text on my phone, which I can reply to and she gets it back in her email.

Many people (at least that I've talked to) don't realize you can use email to send texts to people, or vice-versa, send a text to an email address. You just need to know the address, but here they are based on carrier: How To Send Email To Any Cell Phone (for Free)

(it's from 2008 but I know the Sprint addresses still work). So my "text" number is my ten-digit-number@messaging.sprintpcs.com (i.e ###########@messaging.sprintpcs.com)

Last edited:

takeshi

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
Not an app but I use Google Voice for this. You can send/receive SMS from any internet-connected PC via the GV site. Comes in handy for the times I forget my phone or even when I'm sitting at my desk at work (or home for that matter).

Doc

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Gmail from a desktop also allows you to send and receive SMS. You have to go into Google Labs in Settings and enable it. There is a 50 msg limit at first but you can earn or buy more.

Doc

MacGuyInNC

Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
Not an app but I use Google Voice for this. You can send/receive SMS from any internet-connected PC via the GV site. Comes in handy for the times I forget my phone or even when I'm sitting at my desk at work (or home for that matter).

I second this. You can have your text messages forwarded to your gmail address, which can then be forwarded to other addresses (if necessary).

Davanw

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Apps that do this exist. Search the market for "sms2pc" or "remotesms" or "mobiledit"

I haven't tried any of them, but they apparently allow you to compose sms from your computer (mac and pc) and transfer sms back and forth.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital