lock app... app?

Oct 8, 2009
Visit site
Is there an app made for locking other applications or parts of your phone? Im kinda tired of people picking up my phone and going through my photos and texts.

fatsack

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
there is a app called "hide it" in the market it allows you to hide files behind a stock widget and it's password protected

Dav567

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
Theres a new app called App Protector in the app market and its purpose is exactly that. I too had been looking for an app like that since I first got my phone. It should be a stock option to have a password lock on apps.

prometheus

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
There's 3 apps I can think of, they're free and don't require a download - you already have them....

1. "put it in your pocket and don't leave it laying around"

2. "use the lockscreen the phone came with so people can't just pick it up and go thru it"

3. (my favorite) "save up a few hundred dollars for when someone steals it, rather than just snoops"

Seriously, why is your phone just laying around? And if is, lock lock the darn thing.... least of your worries should be embarrassig photos.

I tease a bit. But, rather seriously... don't look for an app, just use some common sense and secure the entire device. Do you not have pockets?