Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Official Swype Beta Available

The official Swype beta is available for download from their site. Works wonderfully on my Milestone.

Global Posts
    945 Global Posts

I got in andI'm seriously pleased. This is considerably improved o over the leak and is working quite nicely. I'd recently went using smart keyboard as the whacky things swype was doing were driving a bit crazy, haha. Pretty happy right now, they've really dialed it in.

Looking good on my 1.5 Eris.

Global Posts
    302 Global Posts

Love it. I gotta teach myself not to manually capitalize the first word in every sentence now lol

Works a lot better than the latest release, 2/18 I think it was.

I'm really happy Swype did this. I love using Swype and to have an officially provided and up-to-date version has improved things a lot for me.

My opinion of Swype is improving.
    Google didn't license "Droid" from Lucasarts, which makes the Moto Droid better than Nexus One.......

I'm really happy Swype did this. I love using Swype and to have an officially provided and up-to-date version has improved things a lot for me.

My opinion of Swype is improving.
    Google didn't license "Droid" from Lucasarts, which makes the Moto Droid better than Nexus One.......

I agree. And it's nice how you don't have to click the space bar after every time you swype a word.
    Droid Eris/Android user as of 2/23/10.

I like SlideIt Better, because of where the other words show instead on the annoying popup.

This is the first time I've tried anything like this and I find it very easy. It feels really polished.

Let's hope the amount of memory used doesn't reach the 12mb that the leaked version did. That was one of the reason I removed it.

It definitely looks a lot more polished than the leaked version, and typing is a lot smoother, which is shiny! But every time I switch my input method to Swype on my N1, it gives me a popup saying that it's not configured to work properly on my device and won't have full functionality...and then the actual swyping/swiping doesn't work! I've uninstalled and reinstalled and that didn't help....maybe it's just me, though?

I'm using Swype on my Eris and while I liked the leaked version, even though it would FC fairly frequently, I really like the beta. It is a lot more polished, fluid and more reliable. The couple of hours I went without Swype and had to use the HTC keyboard made me realize how reliant I had become on Swype!

FYI, I installed SlideIt but my phone would never recognize it, even though I had selected it like I did Swype. Needless to say, I'm sticking with Swype!
    Palm Treo 755 --> Rooted Droid Eris --> Rooted HTC Thunderdud --> 2012 Google Nexus 7 and rooted Samsung Galaxy S4

Question Swype Beta Problem

My droid froze, so I took out the battery and restarted the phone, when it came on a popup came up that said "Open of EnglishUS failed!" Has anyone else who downloaded the new swype beta had this problem? I did switch from the unofficial swype release to the new beta, but its worked for a few days before today.

Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    ROM
    STOCK

Cool Swype on Droid

Ive had Swype installed since the beta Link on Android Central back in December, It now tells me my "Trail period has Ended".

Any ideas?

im on beta, no probs like that here yet.

Global Posts
    548 Global Posts

Another Swype beta has been released...wonder if that's ended your version?

Swype | Text Input for Screens
    Sprint Customer since 2003, 5 lines, currently loving my HTC One. Previous phones - Samsung Galaxy S3, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G, HTC Hero, BB Tour, BB Curve, BB Pearl, Palm Centro, LG-Muziq, Katana DLX, LG 550, Sanyo MM 5600, Sanyo 8200, Sanyo 8100

Global Posts
    282 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by droidweasel View Post
    im on beta, no probs like that here yet.
    No problem here.

Global Posts
    282 Global Posts

I suggest you make sure you uninstall the leaked version before you install the new beta.

Global Posts
    618 Global Posts

Not a problem specifically like that, but I did have a problem when I restarted the phone that it would pop open a window saying "this product is registered on another device, and therefore will work with limited functionality...etc". I was running DroidMod at the time I believe, and this would come up each time I restarted the phone. Had to uninstall and reinstall to get it to work.

My solution? Went to UltimateDroid, who includes a hacked version with it. I don't use it much, I much prefer Smart Keyboard over it.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    ROM
    STOCK

I am having trouble uninstalling the Leaked Version. I dont see it anywhere in my applications list when I get to it. Is there any way to uninstall manuall using Astro or something?

I just installed the beta, and it's working great. Although when I did a ROM upgrade it makes me reinstall each time (says it wasn't meant for this device). No biggie.

Menu - Applications
    If you don't see hit hit MENU again from in the applications sub-menu and select FILTERS and change it to ALL.

See if that helps.

Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    ROM
    STOCK

Still no luck, any ideas?

Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    ROM
    STOCK

OK, found it but does not give me the option to Uninstall, only Force Close and Clear Date and Cache

Quote Originally Posted by trentandrews View Post
    I like SlideIt Better, because of where the other words show instead on the annoying popup.
    I was forced into trying SlideIt because the Beta was giving me phone format errors, and I actually like it too. I'm not sure if it's better or worse yet but I have not had a problem to this point, and it does have a better listing system for word replacements and the keyboard seems like it's better spaced as well.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast