Why is the volume on my phone (both ways) and my speaker so low?

TeeBryan Too

May 20, 2017
Visit site
Hi all,*

Just got told by the Cellular One guy I don't have a problem. But I DO. thought I'd try here.*

I have a Galaxy Grand Prime, Model SM-G530R4, 5.1.1. It is a replacement I got maybe 6 months ago for a phone the very same model, but would not keep a charge.*

But since I'd had that one, I knew what to expect when I got this one. I really do love the phone.*

✔On my prior Galaxy Grand Prime, I didn't have a problem with people hearing me, or me hearing them, during phone calls.*

✔I was also able to turn on the speaker and communicate that way when I was on the computer or something with that one.*

✔But since the day I got this Galaxy Grand Prime, the talking/hearing volume is so low, it's almost unusable for both sides of the call. (There are only a few people I talk with, but I'd like us to hear each other.)*

✔Likewise, if the speaker works at all, it is certainly not loud enough on either end to be useable.*

✔This happens with EVERY call, no matter to/from whom.*

✔All volumes in Settings are turned up as high as they will go. ⚠The alarm, podcasts, etc. are fine. It is only the phone.*

✔I did download a volume booster from the Windows store, but of course those don't work.*

✔The phone app came with the phone, and it seems to be there 3 times. There is really no info about it.*

✔Today I was in town and I brought it in. The guy made a phone call to me from 6 feet away. I could hear him fine and vice-versa, so he said there was not a problem with it. (My imagination, I guess.)😑*

✔I asked if I could install another phone app. He said he would not recommend it, and if I did it would not help anyway.*

✔His only suggestion is giving me a replacement and sending mine away for a month. But the phone is only a small part of what I do with this. I have blogging apps, to-do lists, calendars, medical tracking stuff.*

There MUST be an answer. Does anyone have one?*

Thanks!!

Last edited:

TeeBryan Too

May 20, 2017
Visit site
(I did have an image showing some details, but after trying all sorts of things Ali had to give up on posting it. If someone has a hint on that too that woukd be great.)