AC Asks: What's your favorite Twitter client?

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Here's this week's official "AndroidCentral Asks" thread, and for the latest installment we want to know what Twitter client is your daily driver.

We'll pick one post at random to win a free 16GB MicroSD card from the AndroidCentral Store. We'll accept posts through Wednesday, March 10, so get to it and good luck!

FauxCaptain

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
I've tried multiple twitter clients but my favorite of them all is seesmic. It handles and organizes everything very nicely and smoothly. It's by far my favorite of them all.

Jared DiPane

Feb 7, 2010
www.twitter.com
I have tried everyone on the list, and of all that I have used, the only remaining Twitter client on my Droid is HootSuite. While it is rather basic, it provides extreme functionality, and a nice clean layout.

voghan

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
My preferred Twitter client is currently tweetcaster. I really like the dark theme's colors and I like the UI layout. I also like their search, how easy to see what's trending and what people near you are tweeting

Last edited:

GadgetMomma

Jan 28, 2010
jennbailey0706.wordpress.com
My favorite is Touiteur. It's wonderful. It's beautiful and easy to use, and the developer is doing an amaaaazing job at pushing out the updates! It was great to begin with, and it just keeps getting better and better. And (what else would you expect from the developer of Beautiful Widgets) this app is gorgeous!

anon(11517)

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
I, like others here, have tried them all. Used Twidroid and Seesmic for a long time. Then I found Twicca and so far nothing has led me away from it. Hootsuite might be my number one though, after a few updates. For now I am sticking with Twicca.

aviationsteve

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
Here's this week's official "AndroidCentral Asks" thread, and for the latest installment we want to know what Twitter client is your daily driver.

i tried a lot and i also try every new upcoming client - but i never found anything better than the pro-version of twidroid!!! get it folks, best twitter experience i ever had!!!

greets,
steve

Murphy71984

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
I would have to say Seesmic. I've tried Twidroid and didn't like the UI. Seesmic is more clean, streamlined, and easy to use and get into. And of course, because it's free. :)

haztv

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
I have tried twidroid tweetcaster twicca touteir (sp) and seesmic and twidroid has always been my favorite.. the display and easy accessibility to all the functions keeps it as my default app since day one. Also the fact they update frequently to keep it up to date and fix any bugs or issues it may have. My only complaint is it doesn't allow multiple accounts on the free version like seesmic or tweetcaster which is why I kept those to but I'm thinking of just keeping twidroid as my default and using seesmic as the backup and canning tweetcaster. I would say twicca and toutier are a tie for least favorite.. follow on twitter @haztv

Furret

Feb 12, 2010
Visit site
I prefer HTC Peep , it's simple, intuitive and the design and controls match well (naturally) with the rest of HTC UI design...

puleen

Dec 2, 2009
puleen.com
For constantly changing raising the bar for what a good twitter experience should be like, for bringing updated features quickly and more importantly for listening to issues and/or concerns from end-users in a pro-active manner, I nominate SEESMIC to be the best twitter client on Android.

The sleek interface and sound integration of existing and new twitter capabilities (lists, multiple accounts) are just some of the nice things which Seesmic does. On top of that Seesmic also provides a consistent if not better experience with their other clients for Windows and AIR.

SEESMIC FOR THE WIN! :)

seanubis

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
I used Twidroid at first, but I'm now using Seesmic. Overall, I prefer Seesmic over Twidroid, but I do wish that Seesmic has an omnipresent button for creating new Tweets. "Menu > Compose" is an annoyance, IMO.