PDAnet, really done for?

mikedaub

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
Quick question about PDANet...I travel about once a year, and when I do, I usually use it to tether. Now, I have read a bunch of things about carriers REALLY cracking down. Am I still going to be able to use this without getting a big bill. I know you can't say for sure, but anyone using it without much issue?

I am not talking about streaming video, audio or anything, but just getting into gmail and loading the occasional website. Nothing major, not a ton of data transfered.

Thanks in advance..

FreudSlipped

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
You're like me in that I MIGHT use it once or twice a year.

You don't mention your phone or carrier. Verizon seems to be the biggest question with tethering, followed by AT&T. Sprint hasn't taken any network-wide action, so far.

PDANet version 3 has an added function to mask the fact that you are tethering.

Edit: I just checked your history and you have a DInc. You might want to post a thread over in that forum to see what experiences others are having using a tether app occasionally. :)

mikedaub

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
I never even thought about mentioning my phone or carrier, but its dinc on Verizon.

I will go post it in the dinc forum as well....they might have some thoughts. Either way, I guess I will out sooner or later as I will be at the airport in less than 10 hours. :)

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

FreudSlipped

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Just make sure you have the most recent version of the program. You've got 10 hours to set it up and test it. I mean, who needs sleep?

mikedaub

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
I just installed the newest version about 15 minutes ago....so hopefully (keeping my fingers crossed) it works like before.

FreudSlipped

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Well, good luck. Oh, if you don't want to get into a conflict with your carrier, you might change your user name to something other that a joined first and last name. You know, something like FreudSlipped (wait, that's taken!) or youllneverguess... something that can't be directly associated with a person. :D

Maybe even delete this thread. LOL

mikedaub

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
My cell bill isn't under my name. I'm just a shared user on my fiance's account. Besides, I would imagine it is easier to tell who is tethering by seeing the data usage than tolling around forums looking for posts on it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1