No GoogleMusic invite yet? Me neither, but found an interim solution!

RnFstRuckHrd

May 1, 2011
Visit site
I am certain I am not the only one that frantically hopped online the day GoogleMusic Beta went live. I requested my invite same day as release and still nothing. I have read from other sites that the invites are rolling out but the only people I have actually confirmed that have it are those that went to Google I|O or have close family/friend ties to someone in Google. I am not saying that no Average Joes out there have gotten one yet but I think it is safe to say they (Google) are not replying to all of the MASSIVE amount of requests yet.

Anywho, I came across an already established music solution for the interim.... Audiogalaxy. I read about it in a post on Android Central and was quite shocked I had never heard of it before. Simple idea, you install a very small helper app on your computer at home where all of your music is. You simply direct this to your music library. ALL of your music is then served from that computer to your android device and played through a pretty well-developed music app (found in the market). No cables, no wires, no problem. You can also access and stream all of your music from any web browser anywhere.

The phone app is quite nice. Simple and functional design that does not look too bad. There is only a minimal (and I mean like 1-2 seconds literally) of buffer before the music plays and the audio quality is suprisingly GREAT. The music streams with no hissing, gaps or pauses and works great on 3G, 4G or wifi. You can build and edit playlist right from the phone. It will also make "genius" playlists based on a single song. Furthermore, you can share with Facebook and Twitter. It also will pull in and display accurate ID3 tags and album art if you did not have those already (but it does not alter your actual files at all). Did I mention the service is completely FREE and allows you stream a library up to 200,000 songs!

A few cons to note: unlike GM, you must have a data connection to play the music, period. Also, because the music is served from your computer (and not the cloud like in GM) that computer must be turned on and not hibernating. This does not happen to be a problem for me as I have a Windows Home Server where my music backup is and this is always turned on. So, if you have a WHS then audiogalaxy becomes even more of an attractive option.

Overall I have to say that GM will be a far more advanced service specifically because it will allow off-line access to items you have recently played, commonly played and specifically want. BUT I does not change the fact that GM is still not readily available...yet. In the meantime Audiogalaxy provides us with a free, simple and functional way to carry our entire music library in our pockets (as long as we have a data connection that is)

Cheers and happy listening!

I have included a few screenshots.

Sent from HTV Evo 4G rooted with UnrEvoked, running CM7, OC'd to 1.11GHz, via Tapatalk Pro.

joggy

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
I agree, Audiogalaxy is a great app/service. Can't beat the price. I've been using it daily for close to a year and it has allowed me to ditch my iPod in favor of my droid. The audio quality is excellent in my experience, even on 3G.

As an fyi...the Google Music invites are rolling out. I wasn't at Google i/o and don't know anyone at Google and got mine late last week. I have yet to put it to the test since my library far exceeds the 20,000 song maximum (hoping they'll bump this up someday), but I plan on loading some stuff up and checking it out this week.

P.S. diggin' the Gomez in the screenshots. Great disc from such an underrated band here in the states.

RnFstRuckHrd

May 1, 2011
Visit site
I agree, Audiogalaxy is a great app/service. Can't beat the price. I've been using it daily for close to a year and it has allowed me to ditch my iPod in favor of my droid. The audio quality is excellent in my experience, even on 3G.

As an fyi...the Google Music invites are rolling out. I wasn't at Google i/o and don't know anyone at Google and got mine late last week. I have yet to put it to the test since my library far exceeds the 20,000 song maximum (hoping they'll bump this up someday), but I plan on loading some stuff up and checking it out this week.

P.S. diggin' the Gomez in the screenshots. Great disc from such an underrated band here in the states.

Awesome news!!! Hope to get mine in the near future. And yes, +1 for your comment on Gomez!

mlief

Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
Gotta totally thank and agree with you RnFstRuckHrd - downloaded Audiogalaxy, attached a portable HD to my computer with all my music, and i was listening to streaming music. Pretty sweet - Thanks!

RnFstRuckHrd

May 1, 2011
Visit site
Gotta totally thank and agree with you RnFstRuckHrd - downloaded Audiogalaxy, attached a portable HD to my computer with all my music, and i was listening to streaming music. Pretty sweet - Thanks!

Nice, ya I am still shocked I had never heard much about it. Glad you enjoy it too!

Sent from HTV Evo 4G rooted with UnrEvoked, running CM7, OC'd to 1.11GHz, via Tapatalk Pro.

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Don't give up hope. I signed up for an invite to the beta on the day it was announced and have no connection to Google (other than my use of their products and services). Got my invite last week so they're sending them out!

RnFstRuckHrd

May 1, 2011
Visit site
Don't give up hope. I signed up for an invite to the beta on the day it was announced and have no connection to Google (other than my use of their products and services). Got my invite last week so they're sending them out!

Good to hear, I still have hope! If nothing else I hope that I have it come June 8 when I come home to set up my Galaxy Tab 10.1 :-D

moke

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
just got my invite, using og droid

======

update 5/28 ... very slow on uploads for me.

i tether and have 23,000 plus songs. 11,945 songs queued, and only 83 songs up on the cloud.

it loads 2 songs at a time, with 1% seeming to take a second on each song.

playback is jittery when i am uploading, but it sounds fine when no loading the cloud (evaporating my tunes?)

8)

Last edited:

RnFstRuckHrd

May 1, 2011
Visit site
Got my Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 yesterday and Google Music Beta invite today! Now for the epic upload of all the music and see how it goes! Still keeping Audiogalaxy around just to be safe...