Best app to save battery?

joecap73

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I just got the HTC Thunderbolt and the thing doesnt hold a charge for a full day, even when I barely use it. I've tried downloading a couple of the battery saver apps but they all messed with the functionality of the phone too much. One of them negated the ability to receive phone calls completely. This is also my first Android phone. I just switched from the ATT iPhone. Any suggestions?

Dekz

May 3, 2011
Visit site
The free version of Juice Defender has basically doubled my battery life. If you tweak the settings properly, it shouldn't affect functionality.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Wow... bummer.

To be honest with you, I doubt that there is any (app) that can reduce the length of time these phones seem to take to suck dry these batteries. Sorry.

However, there are other ways of getting more (usage) time from your phone. 1) Keep the phone charging while using - especially when surfing the web). 2) Get a separate battery charger + one to two extra batteries. (You get them at cheap price on Ebay, or Amazon.com.) 3) Get an extended battery and battery cover. (This will make the phone look a little bit bulky - but will definitely serve its purpose).

Best of luck. :-D

Victor014

May 14, 2011
Visit site
I just got the HTC Thunderbolt and the thing doesnt hold a charge for a full day, even when I barely use it. I've tried downloading a couple of the battery saver apps but they all messed with the functionality of the phone too much. One of them negated the ability to receive phone calls completely. This is also my first Android phone. I just switched from the ATT iPhone. Any suggestions?

best thing to do is to turn off syncing or extend the syncing time

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463