Skype on the Droid

Tytanious

Feb 21, 2010
Visit site
Everytime I try to sign into Skype Mobile, it logs into my account for 1 second, then takes me to a page that says, "Sorry, unable to signyou in. Please try again later." This has happened everytime I've tried to log in (Like 10 times a day) ever since the app was released.

I have an account with Skype and use it all day on my computer. I have logged off on my computer and still the same thing happens on my phone. I can't find anyone else having this problem, so I don't know the solution.

lilwis

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
I've had skype on my verizon droid for about a month so I don't understand the hype about it just being released this week. Maye the new release includes video?

In any case, I can call overseas but when I try to call local (domestic) it tells me it's dialing a local number then basically hangs up in a matter of seconds.

pops.comp

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
I've had skype on my verizon droid for about a month so I don't understand the hype about it just being released this week. Maye the new release includes video?

In any case, I can call overseas but when I try to call local (domestic) it tells me it's dialing a local number then basically hangs up in a matter of seconds.

Because skype is now a service provided by verizon, not just that "skype lite" app on the market

Menno

Coffee Addict
Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
The verizon version (I believe) uses an actual phone call (not VOIP), so in an area where data is slow/inconsistent this can help. it won't work if Wifi is enabled on your device though, and it doesn't allow you to dial US local phone numbers using the app (you need to use minutes for this). But skype to skype is free, and you can set it to auto-route international calls through the app, saving you a ton of money... most of my international calling is canada though, so I just use google Voice

lilwis

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
When I go to the "market" it shows only one version and that I already have it installed.
That's the version I installed a couple of months ago.
How do I find/get the newer Verizon version?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke