Record movies from netflix?

PensHockey

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Is there or can there be an app that records movies off your netflix app? Much like the youtube downloader. Select a movie and download it off your netflix account.

Bujin#IM

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
While I agree with the above responses, it may simply be that the o.p. want to watch on a plane or similar situation. In that case, your best bet may be to buy the flick using the Blockbuster app.... I think that one pre-downloads, though I could be wrong.

PensHockey

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Ummm Dbags calm down. I pay monthly for netflix. So go be high and mighty on iam sure your rooted wifi tethering phone somewhere else.

Iam taking a trip and would like to watch my movies on the plane.

cyberchief

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Like the OP... I, too, would love to do this. I travel for work 6+ times a year... and would like to watch them on the plane. It would be nice if you could "buffer" a movie onto SD card... and be able to watch it without internet.

darkmatter

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
What they're saying is downloading content for offline use is exactly why netflix was hesitant to come to android. In order to get licenses for streaming, netflix has to do what they can to prevent downloading/pirating/whatever you want to call it.

My suggestion would be to download DVD Catalyst and rip a dvd to you computer and then put the file on your phone.

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
No. Everything on Netflix is completely legal... So there is no way you can download it to your Sdcard or your computer hard drive. But you may find some apps lurking around on the Market that may let you download movies onto your phone. Google has already removed quite a lot of these apps from the Market but there may still be some live ones there. Yes it amounts to piracy but it is the same as making a mix tape or making a copy of your CD or DVD or downloading files from limewire..... As long as you don't overdo it or you just use it for yourself (not for commercial purposes) I don't think the feds will come after you but you can never be sure.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

takeshi

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
Ummm Dbags calm down. I pay monthly for netflix. So go be high and mighty on iam sure your rooted wifi tethering phone somewhere else.

Iam taking a trip and would like to watch my movies on the plane.
Neither here nor there. I can't access the Netflix TOS from work but that's what matters. Not whether you pay or not, not whether others tether or not.

FractalSphere

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Like the OP... I, too, would love to do this. I travel for work 6+ times a year... and would like to watch them on the plane. It would be nice if you could "buffer" a movie onto SD card... and be able to watch it without internet.

I'm not looking to record or 'pirate' the movies/shows I watch on Netflix, but it would be nice if Netflix had a 'temporary offline' option that could hold a set number of shows (like the DVD option) in a locally stored queue so we could watch them without the benefit of an internet connection.

It would even be worth an extra cost to do so.

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
The studios aren't going to allow that without some major DRM overhauls or a Netflix rental system overhaul to lock things down to a 24 hour viewing window or something. In other words, it's probably not a can of worms that Netflix wants to open when the existing streaming model is growing exponentially (money would be better spend on more servers, content licensing, app development, device penetration, etc).

Just rip a DVD from your library for your flight and put it on the phone. Or pay for your flight's wireless and watch all the Netflix you want (assuming your flight has wireless).

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Netflix should have a DVR. You can store up to 10 hours of recorded video. And watch off line. How does that sound?

Again, as soon as they allow recordings for offline use, someone will figure out how to copy it onto disc. Cue studios throwing a fit, pulling content, raising licensing fees, etc.

Again, a can of worms that Netflix probably doesn't want to open, with good reason.

PensHockey

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
They do know the more they raise the prices the more incentive there is to find a pirated copy... Its not right but thats the way it is.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae