looking for Google Voice App

sirtronics

May 30, 2011
Visit site
just moved to Andriod from Webos and a Sprint Nexus phone.
Having fun but I had a app called Voogle that let me make calls from my phone using my google number when I needed to.
I had something on the nexus phone that let me do it but last week but I dont know what.
It would ask when I went to make a call if I wanted to use my sprint or google number.
it is gone. being a newbie maybe I am missing something
Now when I try to use the google voice app it wants to change my sprint number to tmy google number and voice mail. I just want tobe able to switch between using both for the called id not to give away my cell phone number.

help please.

ManImBored#AC

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I am not sure if the setting is the same in yours but if you go into Google Voice settings it gives your several options on how you want to use GV. All calls, only international calls, not at all, or prompt on each call.

I have mine set on prompt on each call. In my job I have to sometimes use to my phone to make calls and I do not want people having my cell phone number. So I use Google Voice to make those calls.

IIJBII

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I am not sure if the setting is the same in yours but if you go into Google Voice settings it gives your several options on how you want to use GV. All calls, only international calls, not at all, or prompt on each call.

I have mine set on prompt on each call. In my job I have to sometimes use to my phone to make calls and I do not want people having my cell phone number. So I use Google Voice to make those calls.

The google voice app that comes installed with the Nexus S 4G doesn't have the option to keep things "separate". There are other post/threads on this. Essentially you need an older version of Google voice to give you the option to chose when to use GV. It can be done, it just may require some additional searching.

Here's one: http://forum.androidcentral.com/sprint-nexus-s-4g/86349-gv-app-version-pre-installed.html

Also, check out "Voice Plus" from the market once you get it setup. I use this with GV to call certain numbers with GV. This way I don't have to pick what number to dial from each time.

Here's a link to Voice Plus on App Brain: Voice Plus - Android app on AppBrain

sirtronics

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I tried to uninstall goolge and reinstall an older version, but the unstall choice is not an option.
Is there a way to force it to uninstall it?