News Widget deletes itself after turning off my phone

sskwan4

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I'm a new android user and Samsung Infuse is my first smartphone ever. So far everything is great and I really love this phone! however the only problem I've been having is that my widget for the "business insider" app dissappears whenever I turn off my phone and turn it back on again. And when I try to add it back the option to add the business insider widget dissapears and I would have to reinstall the entire app in order to put them back on the homescreen. I am not sure what's going on and I am really frustrated, so any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, if I posted this in the wrong section I apologize for my noobness. Thanks again!

baseballfanz

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
Any apps with widgets must be install to the internal storage and NOT on the sd card. Move it to internal and you'll be fine

sskwan4

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

Thanks for your reply and help. I tried what you did and unfortunately the same exact thing happens as soon as i moved it into the phone. The widget disappears and it no longer becomes an option when I try to add widgets to my homescreen. Is there perhaps anyway to directly install it onto the phone so that I don't have to manually transfer it? Thanks again for your help,I really appreciate it!

estebanj

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
This just happened to me. Moving from SD card to Phone did not fix. Power Off/On (via button) did not fix. I'm searching but cannot find a fix for this. Uninstall and reinstall the app?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21