Youtube App Playing Wrong Videos

SNAFU

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else having this issue?

Search for a video with the YouTube app load it, get the right comments and description, but get a completely random and wrong video...

Load the same video on the pc and you get the correct video....

Is it just me?

Reactions: Priapula

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Proof or it never happened. (Just kidding) :-D

If it does happen again. Clear cache and/or data from the YouTube app. Then open YouTube and try it again.

SNAFU

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
It's been happening for the last week both before and after the 2.3 update ( HTC evo4g) only seems to be getting worse.

A lot of videos that load are oddly coming from viemo (whatever that is) and not from youtube.

xXHEROXxSEWER

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm getting that too I've been dying to watch modern warfare 3 clips and I get Katy Perry or some guy making fun of tv commercials. I also noticed after the 2.3 update

jemer99

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
This started happening to me after the gingerbread update on Friday. My subscription videos play a different video than the one selected. Happens every time, even after clearing the data. Very annoying.

It works using the web browser, just not the you tube app.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I guess I had to see it to believe it. Check out the video posted below, totally different than the title.

YouTube - ‪Transformers 3 official trailer 2011‬‏

Sprint say that they are aware of the problems that some phones are experiencing, and recommend taking the phones to a Sprint repair center to have their technician reinstall the gingerbread update. Also, that there should be a
there should be a fix soon. Smf.

PS.. Videos now take longer to load.

roborobert

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Same problem. Suddenly happened yesterday. Not sure what update, if any, caused this. Makes YouTube essentially useless.

Have tried clearing cache, restarting, etc. Nothing helps.

It seems to be playing videos that I've seen before, but can't confirm that this is 100% the case.

Help.... any recommendations welcome.

maen-khatib

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I have this problem with the Wifi network. It works fine with The 3G nework..can anyone help.

i have the same problem here, it works very good using 3G, then when i switch to wifi
(my home network) all selected videos are wrong, i think its a router problem, cause i tried with different phones ( galaxy w, SE arc, blackberry) with no hope, i donno if there is a cache for the router & we must clear it from time to time ?!?!

Thanks in advance

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2