Tweetcaster's permissions

thechemE#CB

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
does anyone know why this was added to the permissions for the app

"READ SENSITIVE LOG DATA
Allows an application to read from the system's various log files. This allows it to discover general information about what you are doing with the device, potentially including personal or private information."

I've had it in the past and don't remember it being there. I wouldn't mind it if i actually knew what it was for.

thechemE#CB

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
that is what i was thinking. Then i looked at every other twitter app and none of them have it listed. I'd just use one of those but none of them have a consistently working auto complete feature

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
In settings, there is a list item to send troubleshooting logs to TweetCaster. that requires permissions to read the logs, which WILL (not may) have your location and email address in them. No passwords or oath tokens, just address and location.

Reactions: thechemE#CB

thechemE#CB

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
In settings, there is a list item to send troubleshooting logs to TweetCaster. that requires permissions to read the logs, which WILL (not may) have your location and email address in them. No passwords or oath tokens, just address and location.

thanks! that puts me at ease

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artistnos