Helix Launcher

necronomicon

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
+1 to that downloaded it two days ago and its great because I came from the Eris and was missing the seven screens. Still haven't gone through all the settings yet but will post .

mcgeorge36

Dec 8, 2009
Visit site
I had used HelixLauncher before, and didn't really like it. I stumbled onto HelixLauncher2 today in the marketplace, as I was thinking about downloading the original again, and fell in love with this version!

MowDownJoe

Regular lawnmower man...
Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
It does feel faster than HelixLauncher 1, although it'll cut off the far edges of your wallpaper if you shrink the number of home screens and then shift the default screen. (I don't need 7 home screens! 5, maybe...) Real annoying, and it makes my Logcat Live Wallpaper unusable.
But it is faster! Though, to me, it seems to strangely slow down if you throw more than 3 widgets on one screen.

musicandnumbers

Apr 1, 2010
www.twitter.com
So I've been using HelixLauncher1. I downloaded HelixLauncher2, and all my shortcuts/widgets/everything is gone. Do I have to start over and edit my 7 home screens again, or am I missing something?

bojowaggie

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
I did not try the first version, I d/l this version. Seems really slick, Now i just gotta figure out what to do with 7 screens..

Hmm,, decisions, decisions...

good app, would highly recommend..

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
I've gotten TONS of force closes since downloading it from devs website. Gonna uninstall and try downloading it from the market. Maybe that'll help. But i do love it better than clockworkmod!

pops.comp

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
Roy released the HL2 link on the forums a couple weeks ago, I ran it for about two weeks, but the fc's and lag became so frequent that I had to drop back to HL1..can anyone confirm if its the same version?

threepio

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
no it is a different version, that one that was released on the forums was a beta. I also used that one and got lots of lag and force closes. Just downloaded helix 2 from the market. got all my icons and widgets assembled. i will test it out during the day and see how it goes.

So far though, it seems smooth and lag free. Hopefully it stays that way after extended use.