Active Alerts - severe weather alerts on your Android!

canweather#AC

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.simulogic.nws
The Active Alerts Android app provides you with the continuous update on watches, warnings and advisories issued by the National Weather Service (USA). Get up-to-date alerts on tornadoes, hurricanes, tsunamis, floods, fires, winter storms, damaging winds, thunderstorms and more.

Easy to set system gives you an overview of all the alerts issued for your state and location. Click on alert to get a detailed description and preparedness instructions.Set a sound and buzz notification to get informed when an extreme alert (such as a tornado warning) is issued for your location.

Get it on Android Market:
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.simulogic.nws

or visit us on Facebook:
Active Alerts - Blackberry and Android App | Facebook

w5cyc

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I'll check it out, but here's a question: Can you set parameters for what time of day the program alerts? If not, create a way to do that and I'll pay for the app rather than use a free version. I live in tornado alley and started using a competitor's program recently. Last night, during a severe storm in early evening, the dang alert kept sounding and vibrating in the middle of a long, rather important phone call. I knew it was raining -- I was sitting outside in it enjoying the break from the 100 degree heat. But I couldn't stop it from alerting and disrupting my call like every 5 minutes.

I want something that will wake me up and alert me overnight, when I'm likely to be in bed asleep and something severe rolls in. I don't need to be alerted at 7 p.m. when I'm awake and fully engaged in what's going on around me.

eibbed0001

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
The National Weather Service offers a text message alert system. It isn't an app, but you will receive a text (or a whole bunch of them if the conditions keep changing). I think Weatherbug Elite offers the alerts in their app.