Password keeper (on my old Curve) -is there an equivalent app for Droid ?

jasonvancouver

Mar 20, 2010
Visit site
I just moved from the BB Curve to the Droid yesterday and love it so far.

One of the 'apps' if you can call it that, which I really used a lot on the Curve was 'Password Keeper,' where the Curve would store my passwords natively on the phone itself.

I searched the Marketplace and it looks like there is several free password storing apps. However, it seems that most of them are on the cloud and for right now, I am trying to find an app that will simply password protect my passwords natively on my phone.

Any ideas ?

Do you think the free password storing apps at the Droid Marketplace are a good to use ? Kind of freaks me out that all of my passwords are stored on the cloud somewhere.

thanks.

lissa5168

Mar 10, 2010
Visit site
I came from BB too and to be honest, I never used the Password Keeper. I have always had everything in a spreadsheet I made. It has columns for the site name, login, password, and email address used. I have used the same spreadsheet over almost 8 years on several different phones. No matter what smartphone you use, it seems ALL of them support Excel sheets. No offense against those "keeper" programs, but I think the info is safer on my SD card than it is on a server somewhere.

rpeverley

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
Secrets for Android. I can't post the URL because I don't have enough posts but if you google search, it comes right up

Stores passwords protected on your SD card

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Moved to the apps forum.

I tried them all and ended up settling for Splash ID. What I really want though is an Android version of Ewallet.

Nechasin

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
I use SplashID. I come from the Palm background and SplashID has been around for as long as I can remember on the palm side. It has a desktop app that can sync with your droid so you can access your passwords directly from your desktop if you want.

jasonvancouver

Mar 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm using an app called Keeper

I'll check these out.

What I am looking for is something that just keep the passwords on my phone only. I not sure I feel good about having them stored on some server somewhere. The "password keeper" on the Curve actually was one of my favorite apps. I am looking for something like that.

I am sure some of the suggestions will work.

thanks !

aubiker

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
Keeper seems to work like what I was used to on my Curve as well. It's free for the phone, but you can also get a desktop client that it will sync with so that if you change phones in the future, you don't have to go through the whole re-typing everything in again. The sync is to your computer, not the cloud.

jasonvancouver

Mar 20, 2010
Visit site
You can try OI Safe. This is what i'm using.

Does OI Safe store the passwords directly on the phone or on the cloud. I would rather have something that stores directly on the phone.

thanks for all of the feedback everyone. I have been super busy with work and I appreciate the time-saving advice, as it would have taken a lot longer to figure this stuff out on my own... wish I had the time.

doc69

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
Does OI Safe store the passwords directly on the phone or on the cloud. I would rather have something that stores directly on the phone.

thanks for all of the feedback everyone. I have been super busy with work and I appreciate the time-saving advice, as it would have taken a lot longer to figure this stuff out on my own... wish I had the time.

Yes it does and it can back them up to your memory card to.

bdizzel1982

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I just moved from the BB Curve to the Droid yesterday and love it so far.

One of the 'apps' if you can call it that, which I really used a lot on the Curve was 'Password Keeper,' where the Curve would store my passwords natively on the phone itself.

I searched the Marketplace and it looks like there is several free password storing apps. However, it seems that most of them are on the cloud and for right now, I am trying to find an app that will simply password protect my passwords natively on my phone.

Any ideas ?

Do you think the free password storing apps at the Droid Marketplace are a good to use ? Kind of freaks me out that all of my passwords are stored on the cloud somewhere.

thanks.

You might want to check out Last Pass it's a great password manager which has pluggins for all major browsers and all OS "windows/osx/linux" and they have an Android app as well. In order to get the android app you have to pay for there premium service which is $12 bucks a year but its well worth it. Pick a user name and one good secure password you can remember as you will need this to login to the app and then let it generate good secure passwords for everything else for you and if you want it will auto fill in the user name and password info at login screens been using this for awhile on my PC and iPhone and looking forward to using it on the EVO when it comes out.

dwhitman

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
I'm a long term SplashID user from PalmOS days, and am currently using their half-baked WebOS app. They've been promising upgrades and problem fixes for months with no progress at all. And when I look at their Android support forum, it looks like about the same story as on WebOS. Their resources (if they actually have any lately?) seem to be shifted to iPhone development. So I'm looking to move to a new password / sensitive data app when I move to Android.

I'm playing with SecForms right now, and am liking the PC client a LOT. A good selection of predefined record types, and you can edit the predefined templates and add new templates to set up just the right fields you want for each type of data you want to store. Haven't noticed any limit on number of fields per record; if there is one, it's pretty high. They also let you organize into folders, subfolders, etc, which is nice if you have a lot of records.

Haven't used the Android client (haven't jumped to Android yet) but screenshots look nice, and they claim easy syncing between your Windows or Linux desktop and Android.

Anyone used the Android client of SecForms yet? Trying to line up something for when I get my Evo.

Hu

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
B-Folders rules!

B-Folders, dude, B-Folders.
It's like no other. Nested folders, reordering in folders, sync between multiple computers and phones over Wi-Fi, USB etc. and very responsive support and solid quality. Just try it and you will thank me for the heads-up :cool:

B-Folders

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma