- 23 Posts
Don't know if I want to rely on Google Maps Navigation without full offline support
I love Google Maps and the Navigation option. But I would not want to have to rely on it as primary/only navigation option in my car. Without full offline support (not only downloading maps, but also starting up navigation and entering addresses/POIs) it is not a viable option to me.
Roaming costs when driving abroad (I live in The Netherlands and spend a reasonable amount of time driving around of time in surrounding countries) and areas with no/bad internet connection will hamper the possibilities to get home quickly.
Any indication if/how Google wants to deal with these situations?
- 06-29-2014, 11:05 AM #2
- 11 Posts
Re: Don't know if I want to rely on Google Maps Navigation without full offline support
I really, really hope that they make it so that you can do this. I would really appreciate if you could choose what areas are stored locally. I don't need the entire US stored on the device, maybe let you choose by state, by drawing a circle, or even saving data for a specific trip.
"OK Goole save data for a trip from x to y"
I rarely travel out of maybe a 50 mile radius as it is.
Double bonus if your selected area is updated at regular intervals with changes to POI's as places open, close or move.
Posted from my Nexus 5Science is the power of Man.
- 06-29-2014, 10:20 PM #3
- 07-15-2014, 07:44 AM #4
- 07-31-2014, 05:42 AM #5
- 11-06-2014, 02:34 AM #6
- 11-18-2014, 08:37 PM #7
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 09-01-2014, 08:00 PM
- By MobilePhile in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 13Last Post: 07-06-2014, 08:33 PM
- By D13H4RD2L1V3 in forum Android 5.0 LollipopReplies: 5Last Post: 07-01-2014, 08:11 PM
- By MargaretPP in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 7Last Post: 06-27-2014, 02:32 AM
- By Laurent Duperval in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 06-26-2014, 09:44 AM