Pioneer x8700BT & Android Auto

j8att

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site
Hi

I have a Pioneer x8700BT head unit.
The head unit is running Firmware 1.03 (Latest)
A standard USB 2.0 lead is plugged in to the Port 2
My handset is an Samsung S4.

If I read this correctly, all I need to do is upgrade the O/S on my S4 to lollipop and I'll have full Andriod Auto?

I am just wondering if anyone can confirm this.

Thanks

James

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Don't believe so.

Currently the only Android Auto-capable units from Pioneer are the 4100NEX, 7100NEX and 8100NEX.

Others may have that "AppRadio" stuff that's compatible with Android, but that's different than Android Auto.

Last edited:

Jordan Rawlings

May 4, 2015
Visit site
Hi all

I have both nexus 5 ( lollipop ) and the AVH-X8700BT because i'm french. But it is not working :'( ... Do you have any idea why ?

Thanks in advance.

applehater00

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
Hi

I have a Pioneer x8700BT head unit.
The head unit is running Firmware 1.03 (Latest)
A standard USB 2.0 lead is plugged in to the Port 2
My handset is an Samsung S4.

If I read this correctly, all I need to do is upgrade the O/S on my S4 to lollipop and I'll have full Andriod Auto?

I am just wondering if anyone can confirm this.

Thanks

James

Mate I understand that is correct.

Upgrade to Lollipop ( my wife recently did that and all data remained safe) and you should be fine.

I'm thinking of buying the head unit to use with my Note 4 but am in two minds.

Henry Albert

May 8, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

First things after install Android Auto you must uncheck "connect only to already registered car" per default he is activ (that's the only accesible option).

Be sure to have Lollipop on your smartphone and the last version of Google Play service. Some Samsung are uncompatible at this time.

Second I Have this autoradio and with my Xperia Z3 Compact Android Auto Work fine. No need to buy the interface CD-MU200 like it says in the manual. With a normal USB cable that work fine.

anon(9446079)

May 10, 2015
Visit site
I from Europe and bought the X8700BT as well (which basically is the EU Verison of the 4100NEX).

Over here Android Auto has not been officially launched yet (except UK I think). So you have to donwload the Android Auto APK first and install it manually. Just google for APK "Android Auto" and you should get some results. Make sure you donwload the most recent version of the Android Auto APK because otherwise this won't work.
I recently had to update my version on my phone because it seems like Android Auto only lets you use the most recent version. It simply stopped working.

kostashcaa2

May 10, 2015
Visit site
Hello my friends,
i wonder if could anybody know what are the compatible smartphones with Pioneer AVH-X8700BT for Android Auto App till now in Europe ?!!!!
I need Official tested answers please .
Pioneer Dealers should have done this before starting selling this **** !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have never faced before such an ***** marketing tactic from large company.
Finally do i have any hope with my fresh Lenovo A806 which has Android 4.4.2 ? or i will be forced to invest once again in a new phone !
Thank you in advance

kostashcaa2

May 10, 2015
Visit site
Henry my friend,
as you mentioned your Xperia Z3 Compact works fine with Android Auto , but your phone has Android os kitkat 4.4.4 and Pioneer says only Lollipop 5.0 and over will be compatible ! This is absolutely madness !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can anybody borrow me 2000 Euros to test a few phones ? !!!!