Ghosting letters and numbers across Android auto At&t S5

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
Just installed a new Pioneer AVH 4100NEX. I have an At&t galaxy S5. I updated firmware and such. When I connect my phone to the head unit and Android auto starts I see this. An email address and numbers. I connected with a brand new usb 3.0 cable.
20150429_203848edit.jpg
Has anyone seen this?

Last edited:

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Did you update the Pioneer unit or the phone? In any case, did you use official updates or did you manually update from a file download? That seems like a weird watermark or something... have you tried a different phone just to see if it shows the same? (If it does, then it's the unit, not the phone).

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
I updated the firmware in the head unit and the phone to lollipop. Both from their correct sources. I'm going to try the usb extension cable and maybe a usb 2.0 cable tomorrow. I'll also try a different phone, if I can find a friend who has one.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Oh... if this is your actual info, I'd blurr out the image a bit to hide parts of the address and/or number. Just a tip :)

Did you factory/reset your phone after the update? Or at least clear cache from Recovery Mode?

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
I had done a factory reset recently before the Lollipop update. I have not cleared any cache. I couldnt really think of a way to blur it, while still showing what it's doing.

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
Sooo, I downloaded AA directly from Google play. Does this mean they released this version officially? I guess there is not anything wrong with my hardware. It does still function, it's just ugly.

cjackson234

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
I actually joined the forum just to let you know I was having the same issue. I contacted pioneer and they said they have no idea what the issue is.

If you uninstall the app and download the last version from apk mirror dot com, it fixes it.

cjackson234

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
Correct. You can do this without root. Glad you got it working. Let's hope the next version they release actually works.

Posted via the Android Central App

Mr_Smith1

May 1, 2015
Visit site
Running the Pioneer AVH 4100NEX with the Samsung Galaxy Note3 Lolipop. It was all good until the matrix ghost popped up onto my Pioneer
:(. Went into Android Market and rated the software 1 star and stated it was great before the updates. Thanks all for the info, just installed the first version apk from mirrorlink....Back in business!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781