Pioneer AVH-4100NEX - reading contacts from Moto X

Cant Miss

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
I am really stumped here...

When I first installed the NEX, my contacts where being sync'd from iCloud to my mobile devices via "Smoothsync for Cloud Contacts". This has always worked flawlessly and when I first paired my phone, the contacts were instantly read by the Pioneer and shown in its phone book.

But... I noticed that I could not send a hangout message to any of my contacts using the voice command. Evidently there is some required profile info Google applies behind the scenes to "Google" contacts that was not present in my "iCloud to Contacts" method of getting contacts from my Mac to my Android devices.

So, I moved my contacts to "Google Contacts", removed the Smoothsync account from my phone (removing my contacts from "Contacts"), and enabled syncing from my Google account. After a fresh sync, my contacts were once again displayed in the "Contacts" app, and within a few minutes I could send hangouts messages using the voice commands without getting the annoying "no profile" error.

But then I notice that only the "Me" contact is shown in the Pioneer's phone book. I delete the pairing on both devices, reboot, clear cache, re-pair, etc, etc, etc, and no change. I then edit my "Me" record on the phone and reconnect to the Pioneer and the edits are seen by the Pioneer... so it is obviously connecting to and reading from the phone contact's.

I then create a new contact on the phone, just to rule out something being munged by the contacts now in Google Contacts synced from my Mac, reconnect to the Pioneer, and still just the "Me" entry.

I can also export my contacts to a vcf file and send that over bluetooth to the Pioneer and they imported properly, so nothing seems to be munged with the data.

Now I know that I don't really need this, but the fact that it is behaving unexpectedly is driving me NUTS (I know, OCD)!

PLEASE... someone who is familiar with this mechanism... help me figure this out.

Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davisongeorge