Updating my 2015 Sonata with Android Auto, any questions?

Jared DiPane

Feb 7, 2010
www.twitter.com
Will be updating my 2015 Hyundai Sonata with the Android Auto update. With the Sonata being the first car to add it officially without having to change the head unit I am rather excited about it.

Any questions about the update process or the update itself?

mikereidis

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
Finished update ?

Are there any Hyundai specific functions on the right-most rail selection, to the right of the Music selection ?

Let us know how it works for you, and what phone you have and it's system software.

Jhakai

May 21, 2015
Visit site
I don't own one but all that button does is take you back to the Hyundai interface.
I fully expect Google to open up Android Auto some more at Google I/O this week.

Jared DiPane

Feb 7, 2010
www.twitter.com
I have both a Moto X (2014) and the T-Mobile edition of the LG G4 preview. Both phones worked well with it.

Admittedly, I have spent little time with it. The update was smooth. Took about 30 minutes to complete, went as easy as an OTA for a phone. I will check it out more later and tomorrow, but I have not seen any Hyundai specific functions yet.

mikereidis

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
I don't own one but all that button does is take you back to the Hyundai interface.
I fully expect Google to open up Android Auto some more at Google I/O this week.

If you enable Developer Settings you can set it for Demo mode which shows a few examples of vendor specific extensions.

We could see anything there from ADAS Advanced Driver Assistance functions to something like Torque. In theory.

Josh Easley

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I just updated mine as well, everytime you plug in do you have to open the phone and google music will be showing asking whether to use subscription mode or standard? I cannot use Android Auto until i do this, and it happens everytime

Dr Claw

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
I just updated mine as well, everytime you plug in do you have to open the phone and google music will be showing asking whether to use subscription mode or standard? I cannot use Android Auto until i do this, and it happens everytime

Not on the same car/phone but I don't have to do this. I'm on a VZW Galaxy S5. Have you made these settings in Google Play Music before connecting to Android Auto?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2