think I got AA working gs5 on Verizon

anon(9468357)

May 27, 2015
Visit site
I am running a rooted 5.0 deoxed rom that I found over at xda forums. I don't recommend doing this if you don't want to possibly damage you Phone. You need to get back to stock then find the 5.0 deoxed Rom then install that..

offtohavasu

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
hanniable, I just want to make sure I grab the right one before going through all of this. The only stock one I found is titled "Stock Verizon 5.0 BOC4 Based Lollipop Rom " He has 3 downloads in there. If it's the same, which one did you pick. I didn't find a file that matches what you said.

Thanks in advance!

Dr Claw

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
I can confirm that this is now working for Verizon GS5s now on stock ROM, unrooted. However, my voice controls are not working and I'm looking to see what I may need to do before I consider a factory reset.

You will need Google Play Services (GPS) 7.5.71 and the most recent version of Android Auto for this.

To get the latest GPS version. Update your Google Maps, Google App, GMail, etc. to the latest version.
Then go into Application Settings and find Google Play Services under "ALL" apps.
Clear that application's data, cache, and uninstall all updates, reverting it to stock state.
Immediately you should get a notification that an app requires an updated version of Google Play Services. Click this notification and follow it through to the Play Store.
Update Google Play Services to 7.5.71.
Once this is done, make sure your car is in parking brake on state (or an "emulated" park state, i.e. bypassed), connect your phone to the car stereo and begin the Android Auto setup process.

This won't work if you sideload (from APK Mirror) the Google Play Services, I've found. However, the "uninstall updates" method works to force you into the newest Google Play Services version (I was unaware that this was the way to get GPS out of the Play Store).

anon(9468357)

May 27, 2015
Visit site
I can't post a link yet cause I don't have the 10 post limit. But it's in the xda Verizon gs5 general section. Look for how to update to 5.0 and keep root.

Dr Claw

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
Just to follow up:

Android Auto is 100% working with Verizon Wireless Galaxy S5 phones.
What's required:
- latest version of Android Auto
- Google Play Services 7.5.71 or later (to get this, uninstall all updates after having updated a Google app to its latest version, such as Google Now, Maps, or Play Music).
- SE Linux policy updated to the May 11 or later version (to get this, go to Settings > Security > Security Policy Updates and use the "update" feature).

Because of an as-yet unidentified issue with notification access on many Samsung phones updated to the Lollipop OS (S4, S5, Note 4), you may have to manually enable notification access for Android Auto before each use. This is not Android Auto specific, other users have noted this (especially) in Android Wear.