Phone reboots/crashes when disconnected.

ForNein

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Let me start by saying that I have the AT&T HTC One M7 modified to the GE version with Android 5.1 and a 2015 Sonata with Android Auto.

After the initial problem with not having USB debugging on, I have Android Auto working fairly well but there are a couple issues/questions I have and wanted to find out if anyone here had the same issue or some answers.

1. If I unplug the USB while connected and running Android Auto, my phone crashes and immediately goes to the boot up process followed by app optimizations. It does not seem to happen if I unlock the phone and disable car mode/Android Auto before unplugging. Is this normal for other users or is it just me?

2. Does the phone have to be in MTP mode to work with Android Auto. I know it does if I want my music streaming over bluetooth but now that I don't I was curious if I could just turn it off.

3. After using Android Auto, using the GPS on my phone without connecting to the car is wonky and horribly inaccurate. Nothing I do causes the camera to follow the arrow icon and the ETA is wrong (like 50 minutes wrong on a 5 minute trip).

Thanks in advance for any clarifications. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
1. If I unplug the USB while connected and running Android Auto, my phone crashes and immediately goes to the boot up process followed by app optimizations. It does not seem to happen if I unlock the phone and disable car mode/Android Auto before unplugging. Is this normal for other users or is it just me?
Sounds like bad ROM flash.

2. Does the phone have to be in MTP mode to work with Android Auto. I know it does if I want my music streaming over bluetooth but now that I don't I was curious if I could just turn it off.
You usually have choice of MTP or PTP, not "nothing". If you're not using the phone for anything but phone calls, you only need charging (if you eant the phone charging) on USB.

3. After using Android Auto, using the GPS on my phone without connecting to the car is wonky and horribly inaccurate. Nothing I do causes the camera to follow the arrow icon and the ETA is wrong (like 50 minutes wrong on a 5 minute trip).
Make sure your time is set (in Settings) to automatic. Run GPS Status & Toolbox to see what your GPS radio is doing. (A corrupt baseband when you flashed the ROM could also cause GPS problems.)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699