Avic f970dab

Bradley Murphy1

Jul 22, 2015
Visit site
Just bought s6 instead of apple. Tried android auto to marry phone to head unit but alas. Told by pioneer that android auto is not compatibe with avic f970. Should have stayed with iphone. No compatability issues with it. Pioneer says AA written for 7 inch screen. F970 is but 6. And head unit is this years model. Tried mirror link. What a pain that is.please adjust code for different size screen.

Thankyou
Bradley

frankos39

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
i was looking at the F970, love the unit, but the fact its only compatible with iPhone was a bit of a disappointment. especially for a premium unit. i went with the AVHX8750 as it can run android auto & apple car play if i ever switch phones or sell the car, the buyer won't be restricted to 1 brand.

Bradley Murphy1

Jul 22, 2015
Visit site
Thats true
The unit doesnt say its android auto compatible. But th ed screen keeps saying plug in a smartphone for more features. I did and it doesnt. I bought unit when i had iphone so this hassle didnt pop up. How was i to know apps were required whereas apple works straight out of the box. Silly me went back to android. Next phone will be apple