Why am I unable to see external (Pocketcasts/Audibie Beta) Apps in AA (MY16 VW Polo)?

Syzigy

Nov 19, 2015
Visit site
Unable to see external (Pocketcasts/Audibie Beta) Apps in AA (MY16 VW Polo)

Hi everyone.

I have just purchased a new VW Polo with AA, I cannot seem to find the other apps in the menu, or at least they are not showing up. The normal google interface shows up but I cannot find the other apps I have on my phone that should work with AA such as Pocketcasts and Audible Beta. I am unsure if i need them to be running and open on the phone before hand or if it detects them from the phone (S6) There is a button that allows you to "return to Volkswagen" which shuts down AA but I'm not sure if they should in the list there or not. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Re: Unable to see external (Pocketcasts/Audibie Beta) Apps in AA (MY16 VW Polo)

Hit the music button again while you're in GP Music? The list doesn't show then?

Pedrore

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site

While on the media screen (headphone icon) there should be a dropdown arrow indicating more media apps. Touching the media icon again will bring up the list.

aamedia.png

nike117

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site

I am having this issue as well with my 2016 Sonata. When I first used the car it worked fine, I could see all the apps in the list (shown in the above comment). However, now I can only see GPM in the list. Spotify & Pocket Casts do not appear at all. I've tried uninstalling, reboots, switching to an older version of the app, but can't get anything to work. Any ideas to what might be causing this?

nike117

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Phil! I had restored those apps when I flashed the newest build a couple weeks ago. I didn't really think of that as sideloading but I guess Auto wasn't recognizing them. Anyways, I uninstalled and went through the Play Store and now everything is working again.

Appreciate you taking the time to help me out.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaahza