Why won't Android Auto connect to my vehicle?

A

AC Question

Android auto won't connect to my vehicle

I am having trouble getting the Android Auto app working with my vehicle. I have a 2015 Chevy Trax and a Samsung 4G LTE phone. When I connect my USB cable to my vehicle, the app continues to say "Connect your phone to your car". The USB is definitely connected (the icon on both my phone and the MyLink display say it's connected and I am able to run apps like Pandora, play video through the USB, etc.) and Bluetooth is on, but the app doesn't recognize that it is connected. I have the "Add new cars to Android Auto" turned on in the app settings. Any suggestions? Thanks!

88 FLUX

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
Re: Android auto won't connect to my vehicle

I am having trouble getting the Android Auto app working with my vehicle. I have a 2015 Chevy Trax and a Samsung 4G LTE phone. When I connect my USB cable to my vehicle, the app continues to say "Connect your phone to your car". The USB is definitely connected (the icon on both my phone and the MyLink display say it's connected and I am able to run apps like Pandora, play video through the USB, etc.) and Bluetooth is on, but the app doesn't recognize that it is connected. I have the "Add new cars to Android Auto" turned on in the app settings. Any suggestions? Thanks!

I think you may be confused regarding the functionality. Your car has automotive features that can interact with an Android phone. But "Android Auto" is a proprietary system that your car needs to specifically support. Your car does not support it from the factory. So unless you got a third party head unit installed that has Android Auto support, you won't be able to use the Android Auto interface. The ability to use apps like Pandora and MyLink is different.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz