How do I rid my phone of this?

John Klug

Jan 8, 2016
Visit site
I have a displayless bluetooth system on my car (UConnect). So I don't think Android Auto is going to work.

I can no longer change the wallpaper of my phone. It was replaced with a solid turquoise that says:
Launch Android Auto
Look for the Android Button on your car's display to start

I do not see an Android auto app on my phone in the list of App's. I have Android 5.0.2.

How do I get a wallpaper change to work?

ireknole

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
I have a displayless bluetooth system on my car (UConnect). So I don't think Android Auto is going to work.

I can no longer change the wallpaper of my phone. It was replaced with a solid turquoise that says:
Launch Android Auto
Look for the Android Button on your car's display to start

I do not see an Android auto app on my phone in the list of App's. I have Android 5.0.2.

How do I get a wallpaper change to work?

It sounds like you installed the app and started it on your phone. Just back out of it like you would try to close any other app and your phone should go back to normal.

Also, just FYI: If you have no display in your car, Android Auto will not work. It is not a standalone phone app. It will also only work in conjunction with either a supported aftermarket head unit or a supported vehicle.

If you want a similar app that will work on your phone, "automate" is a good clone and it is available in the play store.

John Klug

Jan 8, 2016
Visit site
What is the app called? There is nothing with "auto" in it in my list of downloaded apps. There is something called google app, which I assume is the search engine. Looking at running apps doesn't have anything either. This is like crapware for Windows that can't be removed.

ireknole

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
What is the app called? There is nothing with "auto" in it in my list of downloaded apps. There is something called google app, which I assume is the search engine. Looking at running apps doesn't have anything either. This is like crapware for Windows that can't be removed.
The app is just called "android auto"

daerik

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site
--
This is what it looks like in the App Drawer.
Screenshot_2016-01-08-10-17-11.jpg
--
This is what it looks like when you run it as a stand alone App.
Screenshot_2016-01-08-10-20-25.jpg

ireknole

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
Sorry, I thought you were the op responding with his screenshot, so I had typed up a response to it. Please disregard this post.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech