Voice commands not working until phone is unlocked!!!

PaperLeight

Feb 25, 2016
Visit site
I've had the same problem for days on my N6P and found this thread. My Google app has already been updated to the latest version mentioned above, but I'm still having problems. I even tried side loading the same version app again just to make sure. When I tap the microphone icon on my 4100NEX screen, it turns solid red, no beep to accept a voice command, then after a few seconds turns blue and goes away. I've tried configuring trusted devices and other suggestions mentioned above and I still can't get voice commands to work again. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:

PaperLeight

Feb 25, 2016
Visit site
Anybody? Hello? Bueller? Bueller?

I'm still having issues a week and a half later. Even tried a master reset out of desperation and still no luck. The only thing left for me to try is see if Pioneer has a firmware update for their 4100NEX. Maybe that'll fix it but not sure. Again, any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

PaperLeight

Feb 25, 2016
Visit site
I checked Pioneer's website and their firmware is the same version I already have installed, so no dice there. So to recap, I'm having the same issue as OP. I have a Nexus 6 P, Pioneer 4100NEX with Android Auto not accepting or receiving voice commands. I've done a master reset, updated the Google App to the latest version mentioned above, un-synced and re-synced phone to stereo, un/reinstalled Android Auto, un/reinstalled Google App again to latest version mentioned above, tried messing with Smart Lock options, and all other suggestions listed above and nothing has worked. I need help please! Thanks in advance for any assistance!

ss2pheonix

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
I have been dealing with the same problem for months, even going to the android N beta did nothing. I was about to install the final Nugget build to see if that helps but I doubt it will. Did you ever find a solution?

mrjlturner

Sep 16, 2016
Visit site
I've been plagued w/ the same issues over the past two weeks also. It seems that the latest Google Search app update broke some of my functionality. Whenever I click a hangouts or SMS notification, the radio just beeps, but never reads the message. I *thought* that I used to be able to say "OK Google" and the radio would respond to me, but that no longer works either. Not sure what Google is doing here, but the lack of support is always frustrating.

**UPDATE**

I figured out the issue today. It WAS in fact the latest update to the Google app that caused my problems. I "uninstalled updates" on the Google app and then everything started working the way it was supposed to.

Here's the version I'm on now: 5.10.32.19 arm64 (Samsung Galaxy S7 on Verizon) on a 2016 Chevy Cruze.

Last edited:

anon(187199)

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I've been plagued w/ the same issues over the past two weeks also. It seems that the latest Google Search app update broke some of my functionality. Whenever I click a hangouts or SMS notification, the radio just beeps, but never reads the message. I *thought* that I used to be able to say "OK Google" and the radio would respond to me, but that no longer works either. Not sure what Google is doing here, but the lack of support is always frustrating.

**UPDATE**

I figured out the issue today. It WAS in fact the latest update to the Google app that caused my problems. I "uninstalled updates" on the Google app and then everything started working the way it was supposed to.

Here's the version I'm on now: 5.10.32.19 arm64 (Samsung Galaxy S7 on Verizon) on a 2016 Chevy Cruze.

This is a bug when your media volume is zero and is present on the google search app versions 6+. I stay on 5.14.32.16 arm and all functionality works as it should. Alternatively, turn your media volume up to any non-zero level before connecting to AA it your messages will be read to you. I've sent tons of feedback to google on this issue and its still not fixed, even on the latest beta.