Can´t connect Android Auto to my Moto X Force (Droid Turbo 2 in the US)

Jacobo Nassar

Feb 18, 2016
Visit site
Hi I have some issues connecting my Moto X Force ( which is the same cellphone as the Droid Turbo 2 that Verizon sells in the US). I previously had a Nexus 6 and connected it to a Honda Civic 2016 model without any issues. Yesterday I bought a Moto X Force and to my surprise I just couldn't connect to Android Auto.
I am running android 6.0 so it should be compatible with my cellphone but for some reason it tells me that my device isn't compatible.

First the phone tells me that I need to download some apps ( which I already have downloaded), after I press "Accept" it tells me the following:
"Your device isn't compatible with this version"

Then after pressing OK I get a screen that says something went wrong, that I need to download android auto, google maps, google play and the google app. Even when I have already downloaded all of them!

I've tried deleting and reinstalling the android auto app, resetting my stereo head unit and even enabled the USB debugging mode, but so far everything has been useless.
Any one else has the same issue I do?
I would appreciate very much your suggestions on how to solve this problem, thank you!

Nikola Boyanov

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm also having problems with my '16 Civic EX-T and a Moto X Pure (6.0). I randomly get a "USB Charging Error" which disconnects the device from AA. It reconnects in about 10-15 seconds then the error comes up again shortly. I've tried different cables and phones, so I'm not sure if it's an issue with the head unit...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome