Volt (2017) and Android Auto with Nexus 6P?

plattgj

May 28, 2015
Visit site
We just got our 2017 Volt (and LOVE it). None of the lists out there indicate support, but since the screen in the 2017 is the same as other similar (e.g. 2016 limited run Volt), I am assuming it should work. That said, when I plug in my Nexus 6P with it's USB-C to USB-Standard input on the dash, I get an indication it is charging, but when I touch the "Projector" option on the dash, it says nothing is connected. Likewise, when I open Android Auto app on my phone, it doesn't see the car. I tried changing the USB settings (from charging to file transfer, etc.), but that doesn't seem to do anything. I suspect the problem is me :eek: - not my phone or car - so hoping someone here could help out. Thanks in advance!

Glenn

yhide

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
There's an update that the dealer will have to install to get Android auto. I'm waiting until I find other bugs that need attention and I'll have everything taken care of at once. Also, gm-volt dot com is a great site for all things volt. Love my Volt as well😀

yhide

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Also.
The steering wheel voice command button actually works for both MyLink and AA. To get it to work with AA you have to hold it in for a couple of seconds. You'll see the mic icon on the screen turn red and pulse and then you'll hear the voice activation.
Also, here's another source:

support.google.com/androidauto

Mathieu Hamel

Apr 25, 2016
Visit site
Is it fix foy you? I have the Nexus 6P too with the update for android auto but it's not working. One day at the garage for the update ans it's not working

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463