does google maps via android auto not work without inetrnet

A

AC Question

when i connect to google maps in the car via android auto it does not always work is this because there is not always 3g etc

ranova

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
So long as the map data is cached, yeah, it'll work.

Have you noticed that if you cache areas in Google maps, if you are navigating within the cached area, you wont see alternate route times while navigating real time?

i.e.: If you bring up alternate routes manually, it will say time differences, but when you're driving, and theres another route on the way, I dont see "x minutes faster/slower" when I have the map cached

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Have you noticed that if you cache areas in Google maps, if you are navigating within the cached area, you wont see alternate route times while navigating real time?

i.e.: If you bring up alternate routes manually, it will say time differences, but when you're driving, and theres another route on the way, I dont see "x minutes faster/slower" when I have the map cached

Makes sense. It's not just using distance for those calculations, right?

nicosilber

Jul 11, 2017
Visit site
Makes sense. It's not just using distance for those calculations, right?

Hello in my experience I was not able to search addresses in my AA while offline. I need to be online to search for address and then I was able to navigate without any problem. But with downloaded offline maps it's impossible to search for an address. In mt tablet with downloaded/offline maps I am table to search any address (if its inside the area I downloaded). But once I plug my phone (in airplane mode) to my car and google auto starts it wont find any adress even if that address was inside a downloaded map. Please help

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar