Samsung admits Note incompatible with Android Auto

Pedrore

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
No. You can hear the difference between Bluetooth audio streaming and USB audio used by AA.

Posted via the Android Central App

bnewall1

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
I am very sad to hear from Samsung. I have a Note 4 (T-Mobile) and am suffering from low volume on Android Auto.

Same here -- Note 4 on T-Mobile. I'm on Android 5.1.1.

I am very tempted to replace my phone just because of Android Auto.

So am I....with something other than Samsung. Which is sad, because, at least in my opinion, Samsung makes the BEST phone cameras.

I have a Note 5 from T Mobile. It runs well on my 2016 Honda Civic.

AA on my Verizon Note 5 works on my 2016 Honda Accord. The Samsung rep is definitely wrong.

Looks more like the Samsung rep was *partially* wrong -- sounds like it's a Note 4 (and earlier?) thing. The Note 5 appears to not be having issues. Uncle Eliot, I have a 2016 Honda Accord as well. But with my Note 4, AA's audio volume is very low. I have to crank the car's audio volume to 30+ to hear anything, and then if I forget and switch to another source, I get blasted away.

I've also had other random Bluetooth issues with my 2016 Accord and my Note 4. (I have the Accord EX, which has 2 screens.) The phone always connects successfully to the car. But when I change the source to Bluetooth Audio in the car, and fire up Pandora on the phone, sometimes it works fine, and other times, the car screen properly displays what is playing, but the sound comes out through the phone speaker instead of the car speakers. I can also change the car source to Pandora, and sometimes the same thing will happen. The first couple of times it happened, I went into the Bluetooth settings on the phone and made sure that Media Audio was on for the car, and it was, so that wasn't the problem. Sometimes, when that happens, if I change the source on the car from Bluetooth Audio to Pandora, or from Pandora to Bluetooth Audio (i.e. switch it from whatever it was on to the other one), then the audio will play through the car speakers. It's very bizarre! This didn't happen with my 2002 Accord and aftermarket Alpine CDE-149BT head unit, so I'm convinced that it's come sort of compatibility issue between my Note 4 and the car. And that's not even using Android Auto! Just curious if anyone else with a Note 4 and a Honda has had similar experiences.

Akuk

Feb 25, 2016
Visit site
I can say that the information they gave you is not entirely accurate. I have a Verizon Galaxy Note 4 and I was able to use AA just fine from around May of 2015 all the way through February of 2016. First was in my old car with a Pioneer NEX4100, and second was in my 2016 VW GTI with the Fender audio system from December 2015 until February 2016. During the entire time everything was good, I was on Android 5.0 and had to be on that version since a work app I use wouldn't work on 5.1.1. After February, we got the OK to update to 5.1.1. Immediately after the 5.1.1 update I no longer get any audio through Android Auto. No navigation, music, text, or even the "boing" noise when you press the mic button on screen. Something in 5.1.1 broke it, and I am patiently waiting and hoping that we will get 6.0 on the Note 4 and it will all start working again. In the mean time, I am using a 2 phone solution where I took my Galaxy s3 and put cyanogenmod on it to run AA, then have it connect through wifi to my Note 4 hotspot. Everything is god now except for the phone call situation, but i rarely take calls while diving anyhow, so it isn't the end of the world. If android 6.0 doesn't fix it though, I will be a bit more upset.

ZWINGLE

Aug 13, 2016
Visit site
I thought my note 4 wasn't working also on my pioneer 4200nex but I tried installing the micro brake bypass and it started working. Before that I was getting a screen that says to apply the parking break. When I had heard that AA has nothing to do with the parking brake issue. So you might want to try that and see if that solves your problem.

chac65

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site
I have a Note 4 and am having low volume issues with music, volume has to be turned way up. Also voice navigation has also stopped talking to me. No, I don't have it muted. Music still cuts out when I should hear voice navigation but only hear nothing. Also, the radio often comes back on when in the middle of making phone calls... that is bad. Note 4, Kenwood 9902s. Reaaaaly angry after paying all that money and missing basic functionality. Yeah it used to work, so I am likely having the same issues as Akuk. I can still hear music though

akrepairguy

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
I have the Pioneer 4200NEX and my Verizon Note 7 works with Android Auto. I had issues with my Galaxy S6 edge not always working but so far no issues with the Note 7! :D

jdotsiebert

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
Ok, I figured it out.

I was using a micro usb cord with the USB C adapter in my car (VW GOLF GTI 2016) and It would connect for about 1 sec and then disconnect. the problem is, it would keep changing from midi to charging mode.

I ended up trying the fast charging charger cord in my car, and it connected my phone and stayed on android auto without disconnecting.
try using that cord, don't use any others.

PS. NOTE 7 battery life blows, I shouldnt lose 1% almost every 2-3 mins from web browsing or reading text with my brightness at 40%...YES I DID A RESET AND ALL THAT JAZZ :)

Jennifer Boulders

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I just had a 4200NEX installed. Android Auto doesn't work with either of our Note 7's. There is a extension going from the deck to our center storage console with a usb port inside. Could that usb extension be the problem?

Jennifer Boulders

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I took my deck out and removed the extension cable and just used the original cable that came with the Note 7 and everything is working fine for anyone that runs into this problem,.

Floridadomer

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I just bought a 2014 Jeep Wrangler and will be replacing the head unit. I thought I would look at something that has Android Auto since I will always have Android. I also just got the Note 7 so after reading this, maybe I should pass?

Deputy1

May 14, 2014
Visit site
My Note 7 is working on my 2016 Honda Civic Touring Sedan. Still having sporadic issues with replying to voice texts, but I had that with my Note 5. I think it's an issue with Android Auto.

Radarpi843

Aug 28, 2016
Visit site
I thought my note 4 wasn't working also on my pioneer 4200nex but I tried installing the micro brake bypass and it started working. Before that I was getting a screen that says to apply the parking break. When I had heard that AA has nothing to do with the parking brake issue. So you might want to try that and see if that solves your problem.

Radarpi843

Aug 28, 2016
Visit site
I just connected my note 7 two mod 2016 Chevrolet, Silverado ... And it is not working. Maybe a compatibility issue with android auto . Would like to hear if others are having the same issue and possible recommendations to correct it.

Brian Santo Domingo

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
I just connected my note 7 two mod 2016 Chevrolet, Silverado ... And it is not working. Maybe a compatibility issue with android auto . Would like to hear if others are having the same issue and possible recommendations to correct it.

I too can't connect to my 2016 GMC Yukon. I brought the SUV in today to get the software updated by the dealership and it still won't connect to my Note 7. I hope theres a phone update coming our to resolve this

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non