MTP mode as default USB connection?

kdjameson

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Does anyone know of a way to make MTP the default USB mode? My phone always reverts to USB charging mode. I still have to select USB from the pulldown and change it to MTP every time I plug in my phone. In 5.x it was automatic.

Dr Claw

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
The funny thing is that in Verizon's LG V10 on Marshmallow, you can make it default to MTP on USB connection. The only time it doesn't (on that particular phone) is when you connect something with the lock screen on. It's in the Developer Options.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
The funny thing is that in Verizon's LG V10 on Marshmallow, you can make it default to MTP on USB connection. The only time it doesn't (on that particular phone) is when you connect something with the lock screen on. It's in the Developer Options.

It has no effect on the Nexus 6P running Marshmallow 6.0.1. Regardless of the setting in Developer Options, the phone always defaults to "USB for charging" upon connection to a PC. You have to pull down the notification shade, tap USB for charging, and then select the desired mode.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc