Why doesn't Android Auto Connect with Bluetooth?

Jeremy Scuteri

Apr 15, 2016
Visit site
Why doesn't Android Auto Connect with Bluetooth

I can already make phone calls and stream music over bluetooth in my car. I can stream video over bluetooth with my roku at home. Why does android auto require a physical usb connection?

bpryde

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Re: Why doesn't Android Auto Connect with Bluetooth

I have a very expensive sound system that might not be every one elses situation but I want my music via cable because the music part is defenitly degraded over Bluetooth. As far as the phone calls go you are right it already works and i i am pretty sure that the did not see need to reivent the wheel.

Just my opinion.

theelite1x87

Trusted Member
Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: Why doesn't Android Auto Connect with Bluetooth

Pretty sure your roku isn't using Bluetooth to stream video. Its probably using Wi-Fi or Wi-Fi direct. Bluetooth is very low bandwidth. 24mbps with Bluetooth 4 and that's theoretical max. Real world will be slower. Wi-Fi direct hits 250mbps (or more?). But I think a bigger reason is compatibility and battery. Sending all that data (music, system info and real time video) wirelessly would drain the battery relatively fast. And a wireless video connection is more expensive and difficult to implement versus regular old video over a cable (remember, what you see on the screen in your car is rendered on your phone and sent via video out to the screen. The system is essentially just a fancy monitor for AA)

And I do agree with the above post. As someone who has a premium audio system in his car, Bluetooth audio quality just plain old sucks. As in truly stinks. I want it via cable on Android auto. Failing that, I'll use the aux jack before I ever touch Bluetooth..

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12